Newbie Stang Owner...

Dereks

Jan 3, 2017
Hey guys,
New to the group and mustangs... always wanted a red convertible late 60's mustang, but a deal of a lifetime cane my way and I jumped on it... it's a 1997 GT Vert, with a 2003 block and the PI intake...
From what I can tell it def needs work.... I'll post some pics....

It's got a procharger P1-SC, def an issue there, sounds like it's sucking air really loud, not sure if the tubing is loose somewhere, or the bearing or impeller is shot.
Fuel Injectors look to be 42lb
Cylinder 1 has some piston detonation damage, looks like about an inch off the ring land is missing, but rings still intact, opened her up and still there....
Rack and pinion shot, guessing the person I got it from lowered the car way too much, and it just gave out.... aftermarket c/c plates, springs, not sure of the brand but I'll be switching them out with vogtlands just to raise the car up some, tires is literally an inch from wheel well on all 4 tires.
Needs a new alternator, but battery still holds a charge is I start it every day, but if I let it sit... gotta jump it. Not sure if exhaust is factory, but I can see off road x pipe in there, just haven't had a chance to really get under the car...

98000 miles on the body, about 20000 miles on motor.

Slight damage to driver door, and some scratches on rear driver side

Compression test was good, no leaks other than rack and pinion.... def looking for help on my car... so I look forward to talking to you guys...

Attachments

• IMG_4623.JPG
    IMG_4623.JPG
    561.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4647.JPG
    IMG_4647.JPG
    584.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to stangnet brother.

Got some work to do there huh?

We can help you out though.

Snoop around the '96-'04 subforums, there's lots of information there, and really good gearheads that answer any questions you've got.

It's good to have you with us.