Newbie with a fastback

frankie1968

May 30, 2007
Hello everyone! :)

This is a real cool forum! :cool: Ive been reading for a while, but never posted. I was busy restoring my 65 fastback. I need to buy tires, and then its all done. :banana:
Ill post some pics of the fastback in hopes of being a worthy member.
There sure are a lot of beautiful cars here!!! :nice: :D

Attachments

• 65_73_011.jpg
    65_73_011.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 65_59_011.jpg
    65_59_011.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey, thanks for the comments everyone! Its not a frame off "Barris Jackson" resto, but Ive went through most of it. The drive train and rolling chassis is close to untouched original as can get. The motor was rebuilt back in the 90's, using the original block, so all the numbers match.
My grandma bought it off the showroom floor in 65. It came with some odd dealership options. It has a 3D running horse hood emblem (not put back on it yet).
It came with a "whinny horn". Its an aux. horn button and horn. It has a horn with a relay in it that cuts in and out when pushed, so it 'sounds' like a horse whinny! haha!
And it had a strange taillight lens package. Looked kinda like a cougar.

Anyways, I have all the reciepts, all the tune-up and gas mileage records. Including every years registration and insurance. On top of that, I have pins, ribbons and awards from when she was in the Mustangs Unlimited here in Oregon.

Its been a real kick restoring the car. My grandma is 89 now and still full of life. Ill be taking her for a cruise once I get new tires! Shell most likely tell me to punch it! :)