Newbie with a squeak issue...

Hey folks! I found this forum while searching for solutions to my current squeaking issue. I've been doing some research on here for a couple days trying to diagnose this thing, but my squeak seems to be a bit different then most posts, so here we go:

My squeak seems to be originating from the front driver's side. It occurs when at low speeds of 30mph's or less (not necessarily while turning) and gets worse as I accelerate in 1st and 2nd gear, not so much while braking. It does appear to also make the noise when I go over the speed bumps in my community. It sounds like a cricket and isn't too loud or ear piercing, but is definitely noticeable. So far I haven't heard the squeak while traveling over 30mph's, but it may be because of outside noise and wind. Common problems in the forums seem to be ball joints or tie rod ends, but I'm not completely convinced because of the differing symptoms. Any ideas??

• Sponsors (?)

There was a thread about this very thing less than a week ago (Click Here). Best thing to do is get your car up in the air and start looking around the front end for the culprit. Try moving the wheels back and forth by hand, moving the tie rod ends, etc... until you are able to replicate the noise.

I drove around a little bit more this morning and noticed that while my car was idle it was squeaking too! Crazy. Does this help? I have an appointment with my buddy who's a mechanic later today...

That does help. If the squeaking noise is present while sitting still and idling, it is likely the TOB. You can try to adjust your clutch, but you likely need a new TOB. Assuming you have the stock cable and quadrant, try pulling up on the clutch pedal all the way then depress the pedal all the way. Repeat until the clutch cable is nice and tight again...