Newest Track Time

Went to the track a while back and I'm just now getting around to posting up my best run. This was at 1285 ft above sea level, and on a hot humid day. My times on the right. Let me know what you guy think.

IMAG0068.jpg

The car on the left was a 2011 GT Mustang. He must have just gotten the car because he was attempting to brake torque the auto and kept spinning the rear tires on the line.
I have a video of this pass, but I don't have it uploaded yet.

Attachments

• IMAG0068.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Sponsors (?)

Not bad at all, and probably right about where it should be for the density altitude.

According to this calculator, the DA was 2500 feet at the time of your run. For an NA street car, you can knock off .1 and 1 mph roughly for every 1000 feet of DA, so your corrected times would be around 13.8 @ 100, which is pretty close to what it probably should be.

:nice:

I know I can do much better with my '60 ft. There were tons of people there and I had to leave a little early so I only got two passes in. The first one, I left the line at 2500 rpm and it bogged pretty hard. This pass I left at 3500 rpm and the tires spun a little too much off the line.

I think in the cooler fall weather I can get a 13 sec pass in. I'll be happy with that.

You went to the track and was able to drive the car home without breaking it...which is a success any way that you look at it :nice:

You are very close and all it will take is a little better weather for you.

I have the frpp c springs with tokico blues.

The dr are hoosier, 275/40/17. I usually start at 25 psi and drop it until it hooks. The track I normally go to, it ends up being 12-15 psi. I put them at 18 here, and they went up close to 20 after a burnout. Didn't get enough passed to mess with it.

yea that is actually a very good pass considering the conditions your in as well. 2.0 isnt a bad 60 either. I found that as my clutch gets older I launch better and better :D

98000 on a stock clutch and 11psi with mickey thompson ET Streets = 1.60 60' hahaha :rlaugh:

EDIT: I didnt realize you have DRs either. I would say dont just drop the clutch take the rpms out to about 4000 and finess the clutch and you will net much much quicker than that.

I have the frpp c springs with tokico blues.

The dr are hoosier, 275/40/17. I usually start at 25 psi and drop it until it hooks. The track I normally go to, it ends up being 12-15 psi. I put them at 18 here, and they went up close to 20 after a burnout. Didn't get enough passed to mess with it.

On those tires, I'd think you could sixty foot in the 1.7Xs which would drop you down to the mid 13s. The C-springs certainly aren't helping the weight transfer, but still, I think a good set of upper and lower control arms would help. Well, that and lots of practice launching. The ideal launch for a stick car on radials comes from a raised launch rpm with a controlled clutch slip to keep the engine in its powerband without allowing any tire spin.

Keep up the good work and let us know how it works out in the fall. :nice:

You definitely need to get that 60ft down. I went to the track last weekend on my 555R's just to see how I could do on those. I was cutting some 1.79 60ft's with them, and the hoosiers are way better than a 555R. Take them down to around 12psi. I had my 555R's at 10psi lol.

Yea, I know I need a little more practice. The place I've been going prior to this has no track prep at all.

No more new parts on this car until I decide in the spring if I'm keeping it or not.

What's the issue with the springs? They were on it when I bought it.

Yea, I know I need a little more practice. The place I've been going prior to this has no track prep at all.

No more new parts on this car until I decide in the spring if I'm keeping it or not.

What's the issue with the springs? They were on it when I bought it.

They're good springs for cornering. But being a stiffer rate, they don't allow as much weight transfer. Reduced weight transfer is good for cornering (less body roll) but for drag racing, reduced weight transfer is bad! (no rear end squat)