Next mod after KB

• Sponsors (?)

PonyboyIsaac said:
ooh yeah big brakes man, big slotted and crossed drilled rotors for form and function.:nice:

I've always been told not to get cross drilled and just get slotted rotors. I've heard that they are more weak and are more susceptible to warp. Has anyone else heard this?

Gearbanger 101 said:
Should have though of that before you sunk all of that money into your car. Bikes are ok, but they're about as practical as a snowmobile. Keep the car and mod away.

I only say save a little more for a bike so I can have a more reasonable way to get to work without being raped by gas prices. Plus it's soemthing nice to cruise on.

fiveO92 said:
I've always been told not to get cross drilled and just get slotted rotors. I've heard that they are more weak and are more susceptible to warp. Has anyone else heard this?
yup i've heard that from numerous people who have them. even tho they look awesome, far too many people complain that they warp.

and Will... i hope all goes well with the install. get some pics of that beast sometime! :nice: and i'd say go with some headers and LCAs!

fiveO92 said:
Combine them with ceramic brake pads and it should cut back on the risk of warpage a lot. Ceramic pads don't generate near the amount of heat (or brake dust, which is a plus :nice: ) that the organic or metalic pads do and as a result, should help lengthen the life of the rotor.

Ilya said:
In my opinion, you rushed the KB install and will not reach anywhere near its full potential until you upgrade your suspension, exhaust and brakes.

I'm not sure I understand what youre getting at.

As far as I'm concerned my exhaust is fine.. besides the fact I have stock headers still. Suspension is lacking, I would agree.. but would you rather have a bunch of suspension mods and no power? Or get some power and then work on the suspension

Psh, rushing into a KB sounds like a problem many people would be proud of. hah.