Nice hood strut kit.

Uncle Meat said:
Hopefully sometime in the near future you'll be able to part with $100 for something as frivolous as hood struts and not have to worry about it! :nice:

I remember when I used to live paycheck to paycheck and it wasn't fun at all. It's takes time before one becomes financially stable, but when it does happen it sure is nice when you can spend or throw away money and not have to worry about it...

U.M.

Yes, that would be wonderfull. Unfortunately, just like helty its simply not that way right now (in college myself, well tech school anyway). I wouldnt hesitate to mod my car, but it had to stop after the exhaust cause I'm gonna need tools and a box in a year.

• Sponsors (?)

Stangsgrl said:
http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-FORD-MUS-9904.html

I have those....they're great and took maybe 30-45 min to install. The directions are good & detailed. You need a drill & a rivet gun....

those other ones do seem pretty easy to install....will they fit any hood, aftermarket or stock? do they have a warranty? They're pretty expensive..

I got the same ones...not hard to put in...just need a rivet gun...and a lot cheaper in price!
mustang_40th_303.jpg

Attachments

• mustang_40th_303.jpg
    mustang_40th_303.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 72
Uncle Meat said:
A new '03 hood costs a hell of a lot more than the money you save by purchasing the 'El cheapos. I guess I'm all about protecting my investment and good looks. Plus pop rivets look ghey...

U.M.

that's my point...they may be cheaper but they come from a good company with a warranty. so far they're the only struts i've seen on cars too.
I'm not tryin to start anything here.....just showing that there's two brands out there. :shrug: i recommend struts either way........they're awesome :)

Greensix said:
Dumb question ahead I think but;

Should you put pins on if you go with the struts or is the hood no more likely to pop up that with the stock bits?

The struts do not have anything to do with the hood opening, they simply hold it up once open instead of using the prop rod.