Nice looking tailpipes...where from?

Tasandmnm

Jun 1, 2007
Well I put a MAC cat back on a few years ago and I love the sound/performance of it but needless to say the tailpipes don't hold up all that well and there is a fair amount of surface rust on them. I want to replace just the tailpipes with a nice looking shiny new set that may actually last me a while...any recommendations? I live in Columbus Ohio so I have Jeg's stores close by but all they have are Flowmaster tailpipes which are on backorder and they can order Dynomax pipes.

• Sponsors (?)

New ones from MAC :shrug: I went from the GT rear to the Cobra rear bumper and had to swap out the GT pipes for the LX chrome ones. I got 'em from MAC

There's a side-view picture of my 3" Flowmaster tail on the link in my sig. You really can't see where the polished part ends unless you kneel down. I bought it from Summit. As someone else already mentioned, they have "Flowmaster" tattooed on them. I'm pretty satisfied overall.

If it's just minor surface rust, take them off and hit em with some Mother's mag wheel polish and bam good as new. My MAC tips are 10 years old/ car sat for five years too and the surface rust came right off with some polish and a bit of elbow grease.

The MACs I mentioned are chrome all the way back :shrug:

You can't see the full length in this pic, but here they are from a normal angle:

rearbrakes.jpg

I've always liked my Dynomax SS 2.5" tails that came with their Super Turbo cat-back (even though the Super Turbo muffs sounded too tame). They hold their shine well, although they're not as bling-blingy as genuine chrome ... but at least they'll never rust through or flake off.