NikwoaC's "Commitment Issues" Engine Build

• Sponsors (?)

I dont think it would be a problem, but coming from a machinist backround i always like to see mating surfaces flush with a clean surface, the paint is prob a few thousanths thick

Haha, dammit. Making more work for me. :p Now I'm gonna have to hit it with some scotch brite to knock the overspray off, because I'm going to have that stuck in the back of my brain now.

Very nice work...Im staying tuned

Thanks, dude!

REALLY.... its the internet not 12th grade english class

Haha, dammit. Making more work for me. :p Now I'm gonna have to hit it with some scotch brite to knock the overspray off, because I'm going to have that stuck in the back of my brain now.

I'd also run a file over it after the scotch brite :D On 1991verts car, the face of his bell is actually milled so that its true to the transmission, seems overkill but if you stack a bunch of tolerances thats when stupid problems happen that should never be an issue.

I know I am a little late in making a suggestion, but when I was looing for a set of valve covers for my little 302 i bought a set from ebay for a 93 cobra. clears my 1.7's and fits under my intake with no issues. they are matte black and go well with my underhood crap.
Just a thought.

I wish I had something to be OCD with at the moment. Just keep tearing the motor down and putting parts back on and off etc. Need to get something going

Looking good Nik, for some reason i have a strange obsession with painting EVERYTHING when I tear things down.

OCD FTW! I wish I had something to show right now, but I haven't accomplished a lot. I was in the garage last night tinkering on it, but then my neighbors came over and we shot the **** for a while and then it started storming and the tornado sirens went off. :runaway:

So I packed everything up, moved all the cars into the garage and went inside. So, nothing to report right now.

Just a little tidbit, I ordered a DBX 97 mass air meter from Anderson Ford Motorsport today. I have no idea why, but AFM carries them for ~$50 less than anywhere else I've seen.

Mass_Air_Flow_Me_4ac637075a8da.jpg

I get it! This combo is all about going BIG: 97mm MAF, 90mm TB, TFS-R intake, 205cc heads,

Hurry up and get this thing on the dyno! Wait... install the engine first, then get it on the dyno. I'm definitely interested to see what it does.

whoo that the big one! I just bought the SCT BA3000, the DBX was a little out of my price range, but sure is a nice unit

It was ~$311 at AFM, most anywhere else I've seen it in the $370 range.

I get it! This combo is all about going BIG: 97mm MAF, 90mm TB, TFS-R intake, 205cc heads,

Hurry up and get this thing on the dyno! Wait... install the engine first, then get it on the dyno. I'm definitely interested to see what it does.

:evil: Car isn't getting a 90mm TB yet, though. Sticking with the 70mm I have for the time being. Have to draw the lines on budget somewhere, haha.

You know, with the meter I was actually hesitant to get the big one, but the tech at AFM saw no reason to get the 85mm unit. I was worried about signal, since logic would tell you that airflow is going to be slow with a 302 going through such a large MAF, but he said that because of the way the DBX samples the air in multiple locations, it would not be an issue. :shrug: SO I said what the hell, why not? The 97 was literally only a few bucks more than the 85.

well that's smart to get the bigger unit now, like I say i bought the SCT BA3000 for $220 and was concerned as there is some literature about it having resolution issues at lower hp levels and rpm.....asked my tuner, said I was good to go. You'll have no issues with that meter from what I've read.

well that's smart to get the bigger unit now, like I say i bought the SCT BA3000 for $220 and was concerned as there is some literature about it having resolution issues at lower hp levels and rpm.....asked my tuner, said I was good to go. You'll have no issues with that meter from what I've read.

Used? $220 seems like a killer price!