Nitrous 08 GT

redmustang83596

Mar 11, 2004
I was thinking about buying a nitrous kit for my 2008 Mustang. I was going to go with NX 3V plate kit: Nitrous Express » Next Generation Nitrous Oxide Systems » 4.6L 3 VALVE PLATE SYSTEM (50-150HP) 200HP JETTING AVAILABLE 10LB BOTTLE

For what I am seeing, there is no heater and no purge with this kit, so I am going to have to shell out a couple extra dollars for those two :notnice:

Anything else I should look at? I believe I have a MSD RPM window switch laying around from an old kit from one of my cars, are those really worth putting on?

Also, if I put this kit on, I know I'm going to need a tune. Will getting a tune sent to me (I have a Brenspeed tune now) do the trick? Or should I really be going out to get a dyno tune somewhere? I'm in the Chicago area, and since Kurgan moved out, I dont know of many other places that are good with Mustangs.

Also, its a manual car, and I generally dont take my foot off the gas when I shift going down the 1/4, am I going to need some sort of cut off switch for when I press down on the clutch? Or is it going to matter since the throttle will be open the entire time?

I know these sound like noob questions, and I've sprayed 6 or 7 cars in my life, but I've got a lot of people telling me things that are new to me, and I just wanted some other opinions. With my 08, I just want to do it right, and not destroy anything.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)