NITROUS guys, quick Question

cobra11182

Founding Member
Oct 19, 2000
Baltimore, MD
I have a near new 302, with the usual headsm intake and cam, putting out about 350 hp. I have 24# injectors, and high volume fuel pump, etc. I was looking to get into nitrous, and was wondering if the NOS stage 1 kit is any good. I am looking for 75-100 hp. What other things do I need to consider if I buy this kit(ignition, timing, etc.), or can I just plug it in with my current setup? Also, how do you work a nitrous system from inside the car? Is there just one switch you push to inject? Thanks for ay info or opinions

• Sponsors (?)

The NOS kit is what i use and it is a pretty nice kit. It comes with all the parts needed to complete the install.
The kit will work fine as long as there are no exsisting problems with your car. Timing can be a problem if your running to much I usually keep mine at around 12-13*. There are numerous was to activate the systems, NOS uses a toggle switch in the car to arm the system, a micro switch on the throttle body to activate the nitrous, and a fuel pressure switch as a back-up/safety switch. So if all three switches are in the closed state and the bottle is open the nitrous will flow. Good luck and enjoy

Im running a ZEX dry kit on my 87 GT. It just has an arm swith on the inside of the car. But you slpice into the TPS and connect the wire to the box and thats it. Arm it floor it and go. Im really happy with this kit except itll only go to 125hp. One more thing, if you do get a kit from anyone, get a bottle heater, you wont regret it. Racing an LS1 on a cold bottle is not fun. :notnice: Good Luck!

Josh

cobra11182 said:
I have a near new 302, with the usual headsm intake and cam, putting out about 350 hp. I have 24# injectors, and high volume fuel pump, etc. I was looking to get into nitrous, and was wondering if the NOS stage 1 kit is any good. I am looking for 75-100 hp. What other things do I need to consider if I buy this kit(ignition, timing, etc.), or can I just plug it in with my current setup? Also, how do you work a nitrous system from inside the car? Is there just one switch you push to inject? Thanks for ay info or opinions
Dont mean to change the subject,but how quick is your car in the 1/4 mile with 350 HP ?