nitrous on a teksid 2v?

Mr. Rustypwnz

Advanced Member
Jun 1, 2005
indianapolis/ valdosta ga
Well decided against the 4v swap, I just havent seen enough people running good enough times n/a to switch, basically wouldnt gain a whole lot. SO! Im gonna get some decent cams, beef up the tune and spray it.

anybody have any predictions on if it will hold a 100 shot reliably with the high ass compression?

i want to go 120mph in the 1/4 thats all, that means i only need to pick up around 13-14 from being n/a right now..

• Sponsors (?)

Actually, nitrous works very well in higher compression engines. You will want to run some good fuel when you do spray it though. I don't see any reason why your motor wouldn't hold up with a 100 shot. What all is done to the motor?

As for picking up 13-14 mph, a 100 shot by itself will not give you that big of a gain. Prob more like 9-10 mph. I pick up about 12-13 mph with my 125 shot.

well I might just have to bump it up a hair then lol. I think you remember my setup when I was spraying it, and i never got around to taking it to the track (no traction) so I dont know, but Im doing cams and beefing up the heads as well, so that right there should be a couple mph.

shortblock is a mark 8 special, with clevite 77 bearings lol

im ready for spring!

you were varying 3mph a pass n/a? something was wrong lol

NA engines are affected a lot by DA, so I'd call it normal. In the same race season with no modifications, the mph on my basically stock 97GT varies about the same 3mph... from about 94.0 to 96.5. Obviously, the 94mph times came from hot sticky summer days and the 96mph came on crisp, cool and clear days in the early spring or late fall.

Anyway, your teksid block still has powder cast rods far as I know, which puts you at the same 425-450rwhp limit before putting a window in your block. If your race weight is around 3400lbs, you will probably need at least 480rwhp to go 120mph. On a stock short block, it will only be a matter of time until the block has extra ventilation.

Sure, with high compression and a nice set of cams, you'll have the airflow to really rev it up, but the rods won't be happy. With 4.10s and a 26" tire, you'll see at least 6500rpm while crossing the traps.

Well decided against the 4v swap, I just havent seen enough people running good enough times n/a to switch, basically wouldnt gain a whole lot. SO! Im gonna get some decent cams, beef up the tune and spray it.

anybody have any predictions on if it will hold a 100 shot reliably with the high ass compression?

i want to go 120mph in the 1/4 thats all, that means i only need to pick up around 13-14 from being n/a right now..

What's your set up Rusty?

What's your set up Rusty?

ported pi's with pacaloy springs, Hitech stage 2 blower cams. (maybe)
4v shortblock, 4v oil pump (teksid 2v, high compression) clevite bearings
pi intake, plenum TB
cai, swapped to COP for cleanliness
longtubes
3650 tremec
4.10's
255 pump

Alot of weight gone, no heater box, no a/c no heat, no insulation, no sound deadening, no sway bar, took off the spoiler, no front bumper, no trunk crap, no dogbone, aluminum flywheel, no abs, all accessories stripped, radio short wire mod (no amp). and both manual seats ( ~20lbs)

also have the ****ty brown interior and white hood mod.