nitrous parts labor quote?

tyler08

Feb 3, 2009
does this seem high? Here is the quote for the ZEX install you requested.

PARTS LABOR

Zex 125 wet kit $529.99 $450 show quality, soldered connections,

Zex window switch $159.48 $135 all wires hidden, all mounting of components

Zex blue Led purge $149.95 $135 safe and secure. Fuses added, etc.

Zex heater $114.95 $135

Custom chip $399 $45

total $2300, seems like I'd be better saving for a supercharger? Or maybe I'll have to install this myself?

This car will have to go through an inspection to confirm running status of the car prior to starting work. We strongly recommend a 255 fuel pump ($45 install if done with nitrous install)(fuel tank removed). We strongly recommend colder plugs, good wires, coil etc. as well. A compression test will also be recommended prior to any work on the car. Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions.

• Sponsors (?)

Thats ALOT of money, but probably reasonable for someone to install it for you. Do the intsall yourself. itll be a quarter of that total.

Or just spend like 1500 on a supercharger and install that yourself. Both are simple.

I have ran a wet Zex kit before and yeah thats way high even for a shop (thats like $100 or more /hr, ouch). Their prices on parts aren't bad though. A wet kit is like $550 & MSD window switch is $90 (pills about $5 ea), if you want the lighted purge $125 (optional), bottle heater $125(again optional with a Zex because its nitrous management runs off of bottle pressure anyway, but it will allow optimal pressure for tuning reasons and constant horsepower gains) a custom dyno tune is $600 (optional and a tuner doesn't like Zex kits because the nitrous management unit gives them headaches).
Do the install yourself in like 4 hrs. The zex kit comes with everything you need (except the MSD, purge, etc) plus exellent directions. You will need colder plugs, close the gap up a little bit, pull timing out (all of this is in the Zex directions).

ok so what is your guys opinion? Forget the purge, and bottle warmer. And do I need to have a compression test done before installing the kit. What about a fuel pump?Lastly Should I have brenspeed burn the custom chip for $445 for safety, I dont want a trashed engine in six months!

If I drop the purge and bottle heater I could install the whole sytem with tune for $1150 approx. does this seem more reasonable?

$1800 brand new 6psi Vortech 4FA218-010 - Vortech Centrifugal Supercharger Kits - summitracing.com
Brenspeed huh? They are in northern Indiana right? Do you live close by them? As for the fuel pump, what are your other mods and future plans? As for the chip, are they dyno tuning it? I am pretty sure they do SCT tuning. If so that is a great price for a dyno tune. However I know of at least 15-20 people including myself that at one time or another ran spray without a tune (not that I am an advocate of that).

ya I live about 25 miles from Berenspeed in northern indiana. my future palns in the next 3-4 years include nothing but having fun driving the car while saving for a stroker.