Nitrous Plate

SWYZ721

Aug 24, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Does anybody have the the "Nitrous plate" on their car?

I like the idea becasue the nitrous is introduced in a more turbulent part of the intake system.

Also the 8 nitrous and 8 fuel nozzles ensure even finer atomization compared to just one of each.

The only thing is, I might as well buy an intake as well so I don't have a plate for the stock GT intake.

Another problem is: is it ok to spray just a 75 shot or 100 shot, I mean, that might not be enough fuel/nitrous to atomize properly through all 16 jets, let alone some jets might not even be spraying anything on such a small shot

Anybody have any opinions or input or answers to my question, I'm thinking of referencing this thread in 5.0 as well, is that ok?

• Sponsors (?)

Right now I am running a TFS nitrous plate kit with my Track Heat intake. It is adjustable from 50-200 hp in 50 hp increments. Nice kit and it clears the hood. The only problem that I had with it was that the fuel feed braided line wasn't long enough and I had to get another one and I had to fabricate a bracket to mount my nitrous and fuel solenoids.

Right now I have it set up for a 50 shot. Autolite 103s gapped at .035 and timing set at the base 10 degrees.

I have no problems with fuel and nitrous atomization that I have become aware of. The way the TFS kit works, basically it is a Nitrous Express Kit painted orange and with TFS stickers on it, you only have one jet for nitrous and one for fuel. They go inline where the fuel and nitrous lines connect to the plate back by the firewall. There are two spray bars that run the length of the plate. One for nitrous and the other for fuel. Each spray bar has holes in it in each of the intake runners.