nitrous problem

green97

Dec 13, 2008
i have a 97 4.6 mustang. I have a dry nos kit and am spraying 100 shot. the problem is everytime i spray it i blow out fuel pressure regulators i know this is becuase it is spiking the fuel pressure but Does anyone know what i need to do to fix this??

• Sponsors (?)

Are you using stock or aftermarket regulators? Stock ones may not hold up as well.:shrug:

i was using sock ones at first, but then i baught a B&M adjustible one and blew that out to. i was told to buy a aeromotive one but do you think thats all i need is an aeromotive regulator to make it work.

Seems wierd to blow out the diaphram in the regulators like that. Seems possible that the problem could be with the nitrous kit itself, maybe whatever valve or restrictor isn't reducing the pressure sufficiently before sending it to the FPR.

If you want to try another FPR, aeromotive should be your only choice. I have an aeromotoive FPR on my 2.3 and it has held up amazingly well. I sprayed a 75 dry shot before going turbo. Since going turbo, I've run up to 50-55psi base fuel pressure, and 22psi of boost... so up to nearly 80psi fuel pressure. Aeromotive isn't the cheapest, but if your dry kit isn't malfunctioning, it will be the last one you buy. Ohh, I bought my aeromotive FPR used and have used it for about 4 years now. :D