Nitrous Purge though Hood, advice..

GreenStangGT

Jan 29, 2004
I just put my nitrous kit in a couple days ago and I have everything done except routing the purge. I have a Super Stallion hood that I would like to purge out of. Anyone have any good ideas how I can route the purge to the holes in the hood? I've seen similar things done with a T/A, but never with a Mustang, although I'm sure they exist. My tentative idea was to run rubber hosing from the purge solenoid to the rear of the engine bay and then and mount it to the underside of the hood, but I'm not sure what nitrous would do to normal rubber tubing over time. Any ideas guys?

• Sponsors (?)

mine works great i have it ran under the hood with a small plastic line maybe 1/4 inch it dunno my car is at vamp racing right now so i cant look to be sure but it could be slightly smaller

what did you use to hold the line to the underside of the hood?...that is what i am trying to figure out. Not to steal the thread but i think that is what you might need to know too since we are kind of in the same situation.

2 ways a tiny bit of fiberglass resin and put it around the tubing quite simple really just bonde it or there is little clamps they make that rap aorund the tube and you an put a screw in just make sure it doesnt go threw the hood ... also you might consider just drill a small hole through the cowl ( under the wiper blades) run it through there but make the hole small enough its hard to pull threw and it will stay

definitly i used fiberglass resin and took it along a corner and epoxied it in with my other hood it held just fine but i went to stock hood agin (aftermarket hood didnt fit right) and drilled a hole in the cowl