nitrous question

zebrastang

Dec 22, 2003
long island
I am looking into a nitrous kit for my 99' gt. I've seen wet and dry systems, and know the difference between them both. I only intend on using a small shot (75-100 at the most). Can i get away with the dry shot? I've also been looking into the ZEX kits. anyone have anything good to say about them. i get some of my work done from mustang magic in long island, and they seemed to like them. thanks for the tips----

• Sponsors (?)

Dude if you going to go dry get a 150 shot. It isn't as good as wet but safer for the car. If you go less the 100 its not going to make to much of a difference. O well your not going to listen. You'll do what everyone does start off with a 75 shot dry then taking it to 100 after that 150. You'll get bored sell the kit and then get a 150 wet. :rolleyes:

If you are going to do this get everything from window switch, bottle warming, computer, tune etc... 80% of my friends spray and they go through this crap all the time. O yea if you spray 100 on a dry shot your gettin abut 55 60 hp because you don't have a NOS cam.

Direct port is the way to go these days. It's more expensive, but much better in many ways.

Nitrous can be a "cheap" and trashy mod...............beware of the cheapo kits.

If you want it done right, go with a venom kit. It's fully computerized........shuts off if the a/f becomes too lean. It's a bit pricey, but well worth it for the peace of mind and quality.

I just bought my venom 2000 kit from Screwdriver........I haven't installed it yet, let you know how it goes.