NITROUS QUESTION

• Sponsors (?)

Generally:
100 - no problem,
125 - relatively safe limit,
150 - on the edge.
:flag:

This is probably fine provided that you have all of the supporting mods to support the nitrous kit such as RPM window switch, Fuel pressure safety switch, 1-2 steps colder copper plugs, premium fuel, and MOST importantly a good dyno tune.

What type of kit are you running?

This is probably fine provided that you have all of the supporting mods to support the nitrous kit such as RPM window switch, Fuel pressure safety switch, 1-2 steps colder copper plugs, premium fuel, and MOST importantly a good dyno tune.

What type of kit are you running?

Harris Speed Works :: EFI Nitrous Kits :: Ford Vehicles :: HSW Wet Nitrous Kits :: Sudden Impact Series :: HSW Sudden Impact Single Nozzle Wet Nitrous Kit (MODULAR MOTOR)

I think the only accessory that might be considered necessary (from a safety point of view) is a window switch. For a 100 (and possibly a 125) shot, a tune is not necessary, but is still desireable. I run one step colder plugs gapped down to .042, a full tank of 93 octane, and timing backed down 2 degrees (with my ancient, old-school timing adjuster). Also, I don't power-shift, just quick-shift.
:flag:

you can do a 150 and still be safe just make sure you have 2 step colder plugs gapped properly and also pull about 5 degrees of timing out. i ran mine to a 200 shot a few times and it ran fine. pulled very hard though hahaha but i dont advise doing that i was just seeing if she could take it a few times.

100 shot though you wont have any problems. with a good wet kit tuning isnt even required. just make sure you are on the stock mustang tune.

you can do a 150 and still be safe just make sure you have 2 step colder plugs gapped properly and also pull about 5 degrees of timing out. i ran mine to a 200 shot a few times and it ran fine. pulled very hard though hahaha but i dont advise doing that i was just seeing if she could take it a few times.

100 shot though you wont have any problems. with a good wet kit tuning isnt even required. just make sure you are on the stock mustang tune.

well i was planning on getting a custom tune this spring just on motor. and i was just going to spray on top of that. are you saying thats bad?

well i was planning on getting a custom tune this spring just on motor. and i was just going to spray on top of that. are you saying thats bad?

Yes. Generally for an all motor tune your timing will be increased (advanced). You CANNOT do that if you are going to run nitrous unless you want to destroy your engine.

2* less than stock timing for a 100 shot and your golden, to be on the safer side. You can run on a stock tune/stock timing depending on the kit.

I ran the NOS Noszle kit (direct port) with a 125 shot without issue and without a tune. NOS recommends sticking with the stock tune, although pulling some timing is a safe guard. Your biggest concern (save for backfire) is detonation. hence the pulling of timing. Detonation is bad enough when you're NA, but imagine how those poor pistons and rods would feel getting slammed with NOS.
As stated in the other posts, be sure you have the precautions in place (window switch, FP switch, etc).

Yes. Generally for an all motor tune your timing will be increased (advanced). You CANNOT do that if you are going to run nitrous unless you want to destroy your engine.

2* less than stock timing for a 100 shot and your golden, to be on the safer side. You can run on a stock tune/stock timing depending on the kit.

exactly NX says on a 100 shot no tuning is required as long as its the stock tune. the stock tune on these mustangs are pretty rich so if you are running that then you should be fine.

hrmm...we will see what my engine does after a 50 shot on top of the 13lbs of boost :D:nice:

But yes, most people stick with 100-125 to be safe :nice:

hahahahaha if you do it ill do it

im going to push my motor as well and see what happens cause when it blows a mmr 900 is going in with a 200 shot on 14psi hahaha.

but im not trying to blow it up i just wanna see how far it can be pushed before it lets go.:nice: