Nitrous questions!

Pennywise2 said:
FRPP fuel pump will work on your 98 but, I forgot
where to get one? Anyone know where you can fine one?

I drive a 2000 lol. And I noticed all the Walbro 255 pumps are made for all stangs up to 1997. But I wonder if that's because they came from 97' cobra's? :shrug:

BTW what would be cheap/the best way to tune my car:

1. have a switch chip tuned for nitrous and when not spraying (at a shop)
2. have the shop tune my car using a handheld programer
3. using the programer myself to retard the timing

• Sponsors (?)

the98stang said:
I drive a 2000 lol. And I noticed all the Walbro 255 pumps are made for all stangs up to 1997. But I wonder if that's because they came from 97' cobra's? :shrug:

BTW what would be cheap/the best way to tune my car:

1. have a switch chip tuned for nitrous and when not spraying (at a shop)
2. have the shop tune my car using a handheld programer
3. using the programer myself to retard the timing
No, the 97 Cobra's didn't come with a Walbro 255 fuel pump.
#1 would be the best way to tune your car to be the safest.
#3 would be the cheapest.
Once you spray you will never go back LOL.:nice:

Pennywise2 said:
No, the 97 Cobra's didn't come with a Walbro 255 fuel pump.
#1 would be the best way to tune your car to be the safest.
#3 would be the cheapest.
Once you spray you will never go back LOL.:nice:

Well then I guess I'll have a shop tune my car with a switch chip or xcal2.

Do you have a link to the fuel pump I need? I found a Vortech 255 but it's $150 :(

the98stang said:
Well then I guess I'll have a shop tune my car with a switch chip or xcal2.

Do you have a link to the fuel pump I need? I found a Vortech 255 but it's $150 :(
Actually the Vortech 255 is a really good high volume fuel pump.
The last thing you want running any power adder is fuel starvation
issues.I found a fuel pump for you at www.50resto.com
Item#LRS-9350E
98-04
Fuel pump,255 LPH,GSS342
$109.95 :nice:

The Predator is a lot better of a tuner from the stand point of being able to make adjustments yourself. If you buy your own wideband (AEM sells one for $250) you can do all the tuning you want with a predator. The excal 2 is basically like a switch chip that you can make really minor changes with. I have both. The Predator really is better. They work exactly the same but SCT has the units really locked down so that you can barely make any changes to a tune. Diablo has recently opened the predator up so you can do a lot. Alot of people say that data logging on the street is a better way to tune because the dyno can't reproduce real world load conditions. With the EXCAL2 and Predator you can data log. My friend and I got my lightning running really well without going to the dyno and I know that my AF ratio is really safe as well [with the Predator].

QDRHRSE said:
The Predator is a lot better of a tuner from the stand point of being able to make adjustments yourself. If you buy your own wideband (AEM sells one for $250) you can do all the tuning you want with a predator. The excal 2 is basically like a switch chip that you can make really minor changes with. I have both. The Predator really is better. They work exactly the same but SCT has the units really locked down so that you can barely make any changes to a tune. Diablo has recently opened the predator up so you can do a lot. Alot of people say that data logging on the street is a better way to tune because the dyno can't reproduce real world load conditions. With the EXCAL2 and Predator you can data log. My friend and I got my lightning running really well without going to the dyno and I know that my AF ratio is really safe as well [with the Predator].
Nothing beats tuning on a dyno stop giving bad advice.
You are so full of crap your eyes are brown. :bs:

If and it's a BIG IF you know what your doing yes you can tune your own car. Then again how many cars NA are lost to a bad tune? I can think of 2 that I know of at least and let's not think of poweradder cars.
Dyno time is alot cheaper than engine rebuild time.

BooWFO said:
If and it's a BIG IF you know what your doing yes you can tune your own car. Then again how many cars NA are lost to a bad tune? I can think of 2 that I know of at least and let's not think of poweradder cars.

The man knows what he's talking abot.... and how doesn't a dyno reproduce real world events.... the Dynodynamics Dyno that is a FULL eddy curents resistive dyno that my local shop uses can hold any car up to 1500rwhp at any RPM or simulate different load levels and many other variables. What do you think normal driving does???

BooWFO said:
I 110% agree Boo! :nice:

I don't disagree that people have blown up their cars from being stupid. A dyno is a great tool but when your done on the dyno you still make changes on/at the track. They certainly don't dyno NHRA cars and then not make adjustments at the track. A dyno doesn't account for immediate climate changes, drag, wind, etc. While most dyno's test under load it's not the same. Working on Lightnings has given me a whole new perspective on this stuff because they are so finicky and fragile when you mod them. You have no idea how many guys get aggresive tunes on the dyno and then lean out and cough up motors on the track. Having a tuner with data logging and a wide band is exactly the same thing as being on a dyno is it not? The only difference is the dyno gives you hp#'s which don't mean sh@t at the track. Both the Predator and the EXCAL2 can give you readings on everything that the dyno can except for exhaust gas temps....which I rarely see on most dyno's anyway. You can drive your car with your lap top open and watch all the same stuff....

Pennywise2 said:
+1 Get your car tuned on a dyno Tanner don't be a I told you so lol. :)

:rlaugh: yea your right on that one.

I found this place in town that seems pretty reputable. I can't contact them until Monday though because they're closed (Hawaii time difference :( ). Hopefully they won't charge more the $500 for a tune or I'll be broke lol.