Nitrous rpm window switch, Which one?

hollywoodstang

May 23, 2006
What's up guys :)

I am in the process of getting a window switch but there are so many different kinds...

I am mainly looking at the NOS digital version and MSD digital version. One thing i dont get is NOS version is much more smaller then the MSD one....

Are they the same and does the same thing why is one bigger then the other?

And if i have the MSD digital 6 ignition, how do i hook-up/use this window switch option? Do i run the wire and tap into the cpu for signal or can i use the tech signal from the MSD box?

Any input would be great

Thanks
:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

there is no window switch option on the digital 6, there is only a timing retard for when you activate nitrous. Id say either of the window switches will work just fine

I'm running the MSD unit. I got a good deal on a used one that had never been installed, I don't know if there is any difference between the two. Run the tack signal wire to the tach port on your MSD Digital 6.

Kurt

I know there's the msd switch I use that uses the rpm pills to turn on and off the nitrous. Pick a low pill like 3000 (what I used) to turn it on and then you can pick a higher pill like 6000 (what I used) to turn it off. You just don't want to hit the limiter on the nitrous. I don't know anything about the digital switch. I'm sure you just select on and off rpm's and you're done with the digital. Hope this helps.

The modern MSD unit doesn't use pills. Pills suck. It's a form of price gouging. They sell you the box cheap, and then it's like $22 for a set of pills. The MSD unit has 5 wires, of which you only need four. There is a power wire, a tach wire, a ground wire, a window +, and a window -. Your dry kit has a relay to activate the primary solenoid. You run the window - to one side of the wide open throttle switch, and then the other lead off the WOT switch to the ground that activates the relay (either pin 85 or pin 86). When the window switch says "hey, the rpm is cool" it provides a ground circuit to that wire, which then grounds the WOT switch, which then grounds the relay to the nitrous solenoid. It's actually super easy to install and set up. I don't have any experience with the NOS window switch, but I can tell you that the MSD unit comes with great instructions. You will have no problem hooking it up, and programming the box. The box has instructions on how to set the min and max rpm.

Kurt