NitrousOxideSystems-Dry kit?

• Sponsors (?)

If you want to run your engine super lean and blow it up, I say go right ahead.

Dry kits have never been a good idea and there are more engine failures with that style than anything else.

Going with a Wet kit is a no brainer but if you really dont like that idea I suggest you shell out the extra $600 to convert over to a direct port setup.

-Dan

cleveland said:
If you want to run your engine super lean and blow it up, I say go right ahead.

Dry kits have never been a good idea and there are more engine failures with that style than anything else.

Going with a Wet kit is a no brainer but if you really dont like that idea I suggest you shell out the extra $600 to convert over to a direct port setup.

-Dan
Well I assume I would need to retune with a dry shot,as far as not being safe I haven't had any trouble running a dry shot in my 90 mustang. As long as you don't go over the 125hp jet I was under the impression dry kits were safe(fuel system supporting). Ah I will probably get the zex kit since I haven't heard of any touble with it,and it is cheaper. If it blows the intake off can I blame you? :rlaugh:

If a fuel noid quits on a wet kit you will blow your motor. If the n20 noid quits on a dry kit you will just not have n20.

Dry kits ARE safer. Less parts to fail. As long as you stay 125 hp and under a DRY kit is the better way to go.

Your choice.

You can allways convert a dry to wet if you want to go with a bigger shot.

2MFF-Z28 said:
If a fuel noid quits on a wet kit you will blow your motor. If the n20 noid quits on a dry kit you will just not have n20.

Dry kits ARE safer. Less parts to fail. As long as you stay 125 hp and under a DRY kit is the better way to go.

Your choice.

You can allways convert a dry to wet if you want to go with a bigger shot.

Agree'd. I've had both wet and dry, so yeah, I know ;)

I don't know sh it about 05GT's but do they have a returnless or a return fuel system? Dry kits will spike the fuel pressure sending fuel that was supposed to get sent down the return line back through the injector. You WILL need a good fuel pump. I always recommend 255 high pressure pumps for 5.0's but again, I don't know much about 05's yet.