Nitto NT555

• Sponsors (?)

565379_77_full.jpg

I think they're great for a daily driver. They hook better than the gatorbacks, i know that for sure. :nice:

I researched the Nittos 555 and ALMOST purchased them. They are GREAT tires,
2 Concerns.

1. There treadware was very low, 80 I think, and right now with the mileage I am doing, they wouldn't exist after a few months - I hear you get about 15K miles out of them.

2. In all the reviews I read they said they were awesome, sticky, and pimp, however when they get hot, they get so soft that they pick up every pebble in the road and all you hear when you drive is dink and ended up with pebble dings around the wheel wells.

I have 555s on the front and drag radials on the back, the treadwear on the 555s is 300 I believe and the drag radials are 100. They do have the 555Rs which have the 100 treadwear rating, they are the same as drag radials, but feature a reinforced sidewall for cornering.

53BigDog said:
2 Concerns.

1. There treadware was very low, 80 I think, and right now with the mileage I am doing, they wouldn't exist after a few months - I hear you get about 15K miles out of them.

2. In all the reviews I read they said they were awesome, sticky, and pimp, however when they get hot, they get so soft that they pick up every pebble in the road and all you hear when you drive is dink and ended up with pebble dings around the wheel wells.

Good..that just means that these tires are sticky and my traction at the strip should be excellent once they are wamed up :nice:

NT555 all the way for me!

53BigDog said:
2 Concerns.

you are talking about the drag radials...the regular 555 is a very good z-rated tire for the price. i have almost 20k on my regular 555's up front and they still have plenty of tread. my 555r drags on the back are a different story. :nice:

53BigDog said:
2 Concerns.

???? My NT555 say it has 300 tread wear rating...I have anout 7k miles on my car since I got NT555, and almost no wear at all. Key to long tire life is o have good aligment man...And even it does get 15000miles out og them, I drive less then 5000miles a year. thats 3 years service befor tire change anyway
they are, however, not that great on rain IMO. May be do to 285+275 size, but then I don't drive my car in rain...

good topic. i am looking for some nittos 555's for the rear of my stang, i want to get a taller sidewall to close up some more fender gap. currently running 275/40 sumitomo htrzII's with steeda sport springs.

should i go with 275/50 or 275/60? any input appreciated.

also, i noticed tire rack doesn't have em. anyone know who has decent prices on these?

thanks

daver01 said:
good topic. i am looking for some nittos 555's for the rear of my stang, i want to get a taller sidewall to close up some more fender gap. currently running 275/40 sumitomo htrzII's with steeda sport springs.

also, i noticed tire rack doesn't have em. anyone know who has decent prices on these?

thanks

If anything, I would do the 275/50s. But don't forget that those tires will be taller than stock. You will need to flash your computer to fix the speedo.

Go to tires.com, that's where I ordered from.

daver01 said:

thanks
try www.tires.com