No 05 Mustang @ Denver Autoshow

wardog

Feb 15, 2004
Colorado
What a huge let down. :bang: :mad: :fuss:

No GT or Cobra concept either. They didn't even have an 04 Mustang Cobra! No new Vette. No Jeep Rescue. No Ferrari's at all. What a crappy show.

(Ok, they did have a Lambo Gallardo, that was cool.)

My advice is to keep your $9.

• Sponsors (?)

Omegalock said:
Jeez...what did they have? I'd have been pissed if I paid my money and they didn't have any of the noteworthy cars there.

They had all the stuff you can buy right now, but nothing that's coming in the near future or distant future. That seems to be the thing with this show. Never many concepts. Toyota did have a big concept truck, Chevy had a concept truck too. As far as trucks right now, the new Ford F-150 has the best interior. The interior of this truck stickering at $38K equaled or rivaled the interior of $60K Caddy's and Lincoln's, and smoked the regular Dodge's and Chevy's.

I did get to sit in a new Audi S4 priced at $51K. Those Recaros are sweet.
The Mercedes AMG E55 was also very nice. $85K, 469 HP.

That's typical of most of the west coast shows. We didn't get an 05 Mustang either, or an 06 Vetter. But we did have some Ferrarris (includng an Enzo) as well as some other concept or pre-production cars (SSR, GTO, 300 Hemi C, hemi wagon, etc...)

Dave

I just heard about the show a few days after it came to town.

Was mighty pissed that I missed it...

But it seems that I did not miss much anyway, so thankfully I saved $9!

That really bites that they hold a show with no concepts or vehicles that'll be making their debut in a few months! What's the point :shrug:

I'm shocked. The Buffalo Auto Show had an 05. This is considered a 3rd tier show which means that its basically a convention for local dealers to try to sell cars to a large audience.

05MustangSide.jpg

Attachments

• 05MustangSide.jpg
    05MustangSide.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 85
JaysGreenLX said:
I'm shocked. The Buffalo Auto Show had an 05. This is considered a 3rd tier show which means that its basically a convention for local dealers to try to sell cars to a large audience.

Then I'd kill for a third tier show. Denver's must be a 5th or 6th tier show. :bang:

Guess I'll have to wait until Sep/Oct just to see an 05. :fuss:

When was the Buffalo show. The problem with Denver is it could have conflicted with too many other shows. There may have been fewer shows at the same time as Buffalo which could have freed up one of the 05 show cars.