No boss for the F-150.

ranger04

Jul 28, 2007
I just read in my latest edition of four wheeler magazine that the boss engine has been canceled for the F-150. So whats the chances of us getting any variant of it, nill to none. At best we'll get a stroked 3 valve 5.0 with a whooping 350 hp if were lucky. I'll for sure stick with my 07 and work with I have. I can get a 3 valve 5.0 without buying a new car. I can just buy the 5.0 short block from mmr with forged internials for 3,200 and save the cost of a new car. I find this news to be a bit disapointing. With the 150 using it, we had the chance of a bigger motor. But now a small displacement 3 valve is as good as it's going to get I'm afraid. As a diehard ford man, I will work with what I have. I'm sure others of you will be sporting new camaro's and challengers. Can't say as I really blame you, what a let down.:notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

In motor trend they also said the 6.1L will not make it in the F-150 but they said it was still a go as an option in the mustang as well as the 3.5L twin turbo six with 415 hp in 2011

The Boss was never considered for the Mustang. The 5.0L DOHC V8 is supposed to be available in a 2010+ Mustang (maybe a 2010 Special Edition Boss) but the 6.2L Boss V8 was only intended for the F-series.

Too much speculation right now. I figure the 2011 GT will get a new engine that gets more MPG than the 4.6 but who knows what it will be.

Even with 400+ hp, if the GT gets a TT V6, I'll be keeping what I have for a very long time.

The Domestic Big 3 have never been able to make a V6 that sounds good. They either sound like weed whackers/lawn mowers or they don't make any noise at all. The foreign (Japanese and German) V6s/I6s sound very good.

LOL good luck buying that 5.0 from MMR, it will be toast in no time.

As for the motors, it would be nice to see a 5.4 DOHC motor standard and then a supercharged version in the specialty/bigger name cars. Also a big bore modular in the mustang would be the way to go in terms of power and efficiency. The torque would come back up under the car to give it back what it used to be.

Isn't the f-150 supposed to get a small diesel? If it is, I would LOVE to see a diesel in a Mustang. 300hp, 450-500tq. Put a tuner in it and just Qf'ingQ to everybody on the road.

Ford is bringing the 4.4liter turbo-diesel over from europe and austrailia. It would have been sooner if it hadn't been for this new funky emissions.