no brake light

I've had my Mustang for awhile now, all along the brake lights worked fine, until a few months ago. First it was the Pertronix Ignitor that took a dump on me, then driving down the freeway, a buddy of mine whom I asked to follow me noticed that I had no brake lights. Got home and checked it out, I had a light bulb out, so changed it. nahh, didn't work, got me a switch. then, it hit me, where the hell are the wires that's supposed to go to it???I tried tracing it with a help of an old wiring diagram that I have, honestly I don't see what I'm lookin for, and if I remember correctly I've never seen anything hooked up on the brake light switch. Can somebody help me?!?! :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Do the turn signals work in the rear?? If so then you know the wires and bulbs are good. How about a fuse?? I dont remember if the brake lights are fused or not. And it seems I remember if the turn signal switch fails it takes the brake lights too?? Just some ideals... :shrug:

it's a 1969 Coupe, yeah no signs of the wires that plugs into the switch, been trying to trace it, but I really have a hard time with wires, and funny thing is, i've been down there a few times and i know nothing has been conected to tha switch, i know it may sound absurd, but .. that's what i saw. and yeah blinkers work , at least the lights does.