no gas on 15th

Look at it this way... The ONLY reason gas prices are so high is, 'cause they can. Plain and simple, it doesn't matter what the price is, we need it, and we'll buy it. The industry is well aware of this, and generally operates on the "If a little profit is good, more is better" theory.

Also, consider that, at least here in Canada, taxes account for up to 1/2 the pump price... Just in Ontario, there are four seperate taxes on gas!

The only thing that's going to get prices back to where they belong is, either forcing Govt's to cut gas taxes, or lining up big oil execs in front of a wall and shooting them. ( Personally I love that idea, get to the 4th or 5th one and prices will drop!)

• Sponsors (?)

think of it this way...backour little 5.0's get pretty good gas mileage for the size of the engine if you keep your foot out of it....

i just caint wait for the "fill" up once or twice a week....

plus...no matter what it is out there... prices will always go up for something that everyone uses every day...Water, GAS, elec.

Family has been in the gas business for over 50 years. If you guys want to make a statement to the companies, we need to buckle down for the long haul. What I mean is this retarded idea of one day, fill up before or after, but not the 15th simply will not work. We need a 3-6 week run of buying as little gas as possible, if any.

And since some moron got into an arguement and called me a $h1t for brains on another forum how this stupid idea will work I'm going to do what I can to get the tanker out on May 15th and pump up to 15k gallons of gas.

:nonono: :puke:
And when everyone gasses up on the 16th, gas companies will crank the prices so all the poor saps who participated in this get screwed. Want to bring the oil companies to their knees? Sell your Excursion and buy a Prius.

yeah cause the prius is so great on fuel they just lowered the ave econmy ratings it gets.

This whole "increased demand" BS excuse the oil companies have been using seems to have a new reason tagged onto it every year, if not every month. Oh, it's the War in Iraq! Oh, it's Hurricane Katrina! Oh, some retard flicked a cigarette into a tank at a Texas refinery and started a big fire! Oh, it's the rise in SUV sales and the popularity of Hemi engines! Oh, it's ... ummm ... everyone going to see the movie "300" on opening weekend! etc. etc. etc. How is it even legal that they can jack up the price in ANTICIPATION of certain events - wars, natural disasters, holidays, etc. - before there's even an ACTUAL reason to increase prices?

There is no true fuel/oil shortage (not YET, at least), yet the PRICE, however, is changing, and they're gouging the hell out of everyone ... and they're not the least bit shy about rubbing our noses in it, either. If you're a company that's supposedly struggling to meet the demand of your market, straining to pump out all this gasoline and supposedly not marking up your prices to capitalize on that supposed increased demand, you are NOT going to make record-breaking profits.

Isn't it all kind of weird this whole mess really kicked into high gear right after Dubya got sworn into office? I wonder how long it'll take after his term's finished before prices start to simmer down a bit and at least level off? (I'm not holding any stupid hope that they'll ever LOWER gas prices, just that they won't keep racheting it up exponentially like they're doing right now.)

Yea, actually as a country....we are using less fuel. Since the late 80s there are more cars on the road, but they are much better on gas than cars around in the lats 80s. Moreover, the number of oil heated homes has dramatically decreased over the past 20+ years.

It isn't about us using more gas, it is ALL about restrictions placed on refineries, causing many of them to close. Oil is coming in by the boat load, but the limited refineries in the US can only process so much.

Ever heard of NYMEX Darkwriter? Go talk to the boys up in NY about price fluctuations. And to think that any President has enough stroke to actually control the price of a world wide traded commodity........
So a Texas refinery fire that pretty much shuts the place down doesn't affect supply?
A hurricane that knock out about 55-60% of oil production in the Gulf of Mexico and damages major shoreline receipt points doesn't affect supply?
Noone said there was a "shortage". If gas were a buck a gallon, there might be.
All of the refineries are pumping at upper 90% efficiency. if they aren't working they don't make money so they try to make as much as they can.