No Heat? Help.

rabidscoobie

10 Year Member
Jun 21, 2007
College Station,TX
My wife has a 2001 Ford Taurus Flex fuel.But as of now it doesnt blow hot air.
The only way to get any heat is to set the selector to vent and even then its just barely warm.

If I turn the temp selector to cold it gets really cold,so that seems to be working.

Here's what I have done so far:
1.radiator flush
2.New thermostat
3.Flushed only the heater core to make sure it wasnt clogged,and I did clamp off the bypass hose.
4.Listened for the blend door...seems to be working.
5.The blower is working fine.

Im all out of ideas and honestly dont know much more than that.

Any Ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Check your coolant level, if your low you wont get heat but can still keep the engine cool. Also, you could bleed the system, pull the cap turn the heat on full blast and let it warm up to operating temp. and add coolant as necessary.

Thx for the info.

I think I have found the cause,I had it working very well for about a week now its not working again.

The cause is a clogged heater core.I flushed it once until water ran clear through the core but it never blew hot.So as a last resort I decieded to try and flush the core again,except this time I really worked at it by going from each hose until it was completely clear.It worked for about a week now its not working again.

So now that I know Im just gonna take it in and have it properly flushed,the entire system that is.It clogged again then I assume the whole system needs it.