No Ignition Power To Starter?

emanonsc2

Dec 25, 2012
i have a 94 gt (auto). my oil pump went out so i pulled the motor and put a new one in, put every thing back the way it goes. every thing is getting power but when i go to start the car nothing happens. all my lights come on but thats it. i checked the main power wire to starter and its getting power but im not getting any ignition power? i looked under car and noticed my tr sensor was broken so i put a new one on and still nothing? i checked the cable position on the tranny and its also good. i checked all my grounds and even scraped all the paint off the one thats right by the batt. any one have any thoughts or ideas? im at the point were im trying to bump the starter to find out when im at the right stroke to install distributor.

• Sponsors (?)

It does not turn over at all. No clicking or any thing. I checked fuel and its getting pressure to the rails. I put a power wire straight to the starter and it tried to crank ( i don't have the distributor put in) so i know the starter is fine. I put a ew neutral safety switch in since my last one broke as i was putting the motor back in, and i know its set up right because the reverse light comes on when it should.. i fallowed the ignition wire from the starter to right before the fuse box were it turns into a plug and no power. Im not sure were it goes from there but all my fuses are good.

yes those are all good, you are talking about the 40 amp ones right? im not sure how to check the relay? i took the one next to it (the one for my horn) and it still did not work (the horn does work so i know that relay is good)

Did you correctly set the gear selector cable? Have you tested the Transmission Range (TR) sensor? If the ECU isn't getting the signal that the transmission is in Park or Neutral the engine won't crank.

im under the impression that the tr sencor also controles the reverse light? the reverse light come on when they are supose to, there for telling me the sensore is in the corect position? i may be wrong?

I'm going through the same thing, I have a 2010 V6 mustang turn the key, nothing happens. Everything comes on but when I turn the key to start nothing happens. I've had the battery checked it was good I've replaced the starter, neutral safety switch and the ignition sensor still nothing. Also sanded paint of negative ground for the battery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the s197 threads, post your problem in the 2010-2014 tech forums, members with experience with those models will help, 94-95 models are very different than yours, besides this thread is 5 years old.
Oh, welcome to stangnet

Reactions: 1 user