no luck on my Granada brake search

Gosh i make my way to the junk yards every few months looking for the caliper brackets that go on the Granada spindles but every time i find and Granada, Monarch, Versailles all the stiff is plasma cut off. I'm wondering if the yards know about the conversion and they cut them things off before they even put them out there. Anyone have the brackets?

• Sponsors (?)

that is really strange. I have noticed that no when I make a trip to the junkyard there is always a used Versi 9" up on a shelf for like 900-1000 bucks and all the granada stuff is gone. There are people that stay there all day waiting for that kind of stuff.

good luck.

Gosh i make my way to the junk yards every few months looking for the caliper brackets that go on the Granada spindles but every time i find and Granada, Monarch, Versailles all the stiff is plasma cut off. I'm wondering if the yards know about the conversion and they cut them things off before they even put them out there. Anyone have the brackets?

Where are you located? Around my area that happens a lot as well. From time-to-time they do find their way into the yard but not often. It seems odd that the
Granadas, Monarchs and Versailles usually get stripped of these parts before getting into the yard, but when a Mustang, Cougar Torino or Fairlane shows up in the yard, the brakes are always still on them.

im in Victorville. last year i found a granada with everything still on it so i pulled all the stuff i needed and for some odd reason i took the caliper brackets off and put them on the ground under the car. the reason i pulled everything apart is because i had new calipers, brake lines and rotors etc etc at home so i was only wanting to buy the spindles from the junk yard. well it was so damn hot i got up and took off with a huge smile on my face because i had finally found the brake conversion but when i got home i said aaaawwwww S**T the caliper brackets are still under the car. went back the next day and they were long gone. it was dead summer at the time so i put the parts under the car in the shade so when i grab them to walk to the pay booth they were cool enough to grab but nooooo i didnt grab them :( so now when i do find a granada all im going to take is the brackets and leave some one else with the same problem. kinda sucks to pillage 2 cars for one conversion.

im in Victorville. last year i found a granada with everything still on it so i pulled all the stuff i needed and for some odd reason i took the caliper brackets off and put them on the ground under the car. the reason i pulled everything apart is because i had new calipers, brake lines and rotors etc etc at home so i was only wanting to buy the spindles from the junk yard. well it was so damn hot i got up and took off with a huge smile on my face because i had finally found the brake conversion but when i got home i said aaaawwwww S**T the caliper brackets are still under the car. went back the next day and they were long gone. it was dead summer at the time so i put the parts under the car in the shade so when i grab them to walk to the pay booth they were cool enough to grab but nooooo i didnt grab them :( so now when i do find a granada all im going to take is the brackets and leave some one else with the same problem. kinda sucks to pillage 2 cars for one conversion.
Talk to dennis at discbrakeswap.com. He reproduces the entire Granada setup and has been known to just sell parts. Sounds like that might be the only way for you to go. I hear ya tho, Crites pays the junkyards around here $80 for granada setups, which is why there doesn't seem to be such a thing as a "used granada setup" in the state of Ohio.

with a fabricated bracket and bushing, you can put late model (99-04) Mustang aluminum calipers on your 'Nada spindles. I have a set fabbed up and another set ready to go on wife's Vert.

I prolly have at least one set of original brackets.... somewhere.... :rolleyes:

why bother with trying to find granada spindles and brakes when you can get new caliper brackets, rotors, calipers, etc. for putting stock four piston calipers on your stock spindles. or you can get brackets from scarebirdmechanical and put disc brakes on. or check out mustangsteve.com for brackets for installing 13" cobra rotors and calipers on your stock spindles. these options allow you to keep your stock spindles, you dont even have to remove them from the suspension is you dont want to, and you dont have to realign the front end, or worry about changes in suspension geometry that can occur with the granada spindles.

wow that scare bird mechanical system looks sweet. only bad thing is that i now have to buy new calipers, rotors, lines. i already bought all this for the Granada :( i might be able to return it all but i doubt it because it has been months but its all still in the box.

why bother with trying to find granada spindles and brakes when you can get new caliper brackets, rotors, calipers, etc. for putting stock four piston calipers on your stock spindles. or you can get brackets from scarebirdmechanical and put disc brakes on. or check out mustangsteve.com for brackets for installing 13" cobra rotors and calipers on your stock spindles. these options allow you to keep your stock spindles, you dont even have to remove them from the suspension is you dont want to, and you dont have to realign the front end, or worry about changes in suspension geometry that can occur with the granada spindles.

Yeah, the only thing that stinks is if you are wanting to upgrade from the early-70's stock single pistons to 94-04 Cobra "big discs". First, you have to find drum spindles and toss your factory disc spindles; because nobody makes brackets to adapt the Cobra calipers to single piston OEM spindles. :nonono:
Well, maybe by then, I'll find somebody with a 71-2-3 Mustang/Cougar that wants to ditch their front drums for factory discs...... :shrug:

Yeah, the only thing that stinks is if you are wanting to upgrade from the early-70's stock single pistons to 94-04 Cobra "big discs". First, you have to find drum spindles and toss your factory disc spindles; because nobody makes brackets to adapt the Cobra calipers to single piston OEM spindles. :nonono:
Well, maybe by then, I'll find somebody with a 71-2-3 Mustang/Cougar that wants to ditch their front drums for factory discs...... :shrug:

why not make your own brackets? shoot me an email and i will send you my brake files, including one that shows how to adapt cobra calipers to granada spindles.