No more FFW , something else...

Trbofox

Oct 26, 2004
Erie,Pa.
Just was cruising FFW and NMRA websites,where they are telling of the new format for FFW. Battle of The Brands is the new name with an all brands car show, as well as a couple new race classes Outlaw 10.5 and True 10.5, someone even said Ursist will be racing over there. Some new venues as well. Ought to be interesting.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know how much I like that. Part of what made FFW great was that everybody had some common ground to stand on... It was more exclusive.

Could this have something to do with the possibility of the GM and Chrysler merger?

Yeah made Sunday terrible. Being in the Mustang world was nice, now we lost one of the major races next year. Not to mention I hear rumors Tasca Day is done for as well, and seeing the car count at Etown, my guess is Fords @ Etown is next up.

Its really sad because I know 15 Mustang owners who mention racing, and not one of them goes to the track!

It doesn't surprise me. Car counts have been down drastically at both NMRA and FFW events, this is probably they only way for them to survive it.

Yup, spoke to Charlie about this a couple of weeks ago I couldnt beleave it.
You hit the nail on the head as far as attendance being the reason it is changing. The ford peeps have just not been making a good show of it. Like you mentioned the counts at the events are just downright awful. The turnout for Fords at englishtown was a disgrace, I dont think there were even 20 cars in the show on Sat:notnice:

I really dont blame them either, if the ford faithful would show up at these events we wouldnt be on the verge of loseing them all. Hopefully this is the only event we will lose.

Opal, I wasn't there Saturday, but my brother was racing and said it was sad. He said they shut it down early because noone showed? I'm not sure where all the Mustang owners have gone, the economy sucks, but whats a couple hundred dollars one weekend?

The less events, the more inclined the towns are to try and shut down the tracks and events.... Makes me nervous!

Opal, I wasn't there Saturday, but my brother was racing and said it was sad. He said they shut it down early because noone showed? I'm not sure where all the Mustang owners have gone, the economy sucks, but whats a couple hundred dollars one weekend?

The less events, the more inclined the towns are to try and shut down the tracks and events.... Makes me nervous!

Oh yeah Saturday was a fn joke. The track was empty, It seemed more like a track rental day than a major ford event, really sad. I hear ya on the shuting down of the tracks. No bodys going to any of these events really sad. Maybe with the addition of all the brands for FFW it might turn out OK.:shrug:

This is one reason why I never make plans with peeps, everbody has an excuse and never show up. :shrug:

BTW saw a few of your passes Sunday looked good and congrats on the new best.

I show like you race so we can compare each side of it :rlaugh: Last year's racing wasn't too hot, although I could've been delusional from catching the flu that day if you remember.

I do remember that day, that ride sucked!

Yeah the racing when I first started was 100 times better. We had a factory stock class, filled with 20+ cars. This year they had an 11.5 to replace it, and there were 8 of them? Sad in my eyes!