No more hubcaps! Pics...

• Sponsors (?)

Looks great. Some people say the TTIIs are overused. Which may be true, but not many people in my area have them, so it's all good. :D I love the way they look and would like to get 17" for my '65.

Car looks great!

Thanks everyone. And you're right, TT II's are lame! :rlaugh:

I have 17 x 8 front and rear with 225/45 front and 245/45 rear.
Thanks to Dodgestang's chart for the fine fitment. I have 620 coils front and the shelby drop and the tires tuck nicely. The only rubbing I have encountered (so far) is on the passenger side rear when I hit a fairly large bump. I will have to roll that fender a litttle.

I have some before pics that I can post but the file size is too large for posting at mustangmods, and I don't have file sizing software on this computer. But I can post them tomorrow.
The wheels really brought out the chrome on the entire car. The tires, even though they are 17's, are actually shorter than the 205/75 14's I took off.

1. Looks Good
2. Glad the chart helped
3. I can't believe you scrubbed you look like you got at least 1.5 inches between wheel and fender. What rear leafs are you running (new/old?) how old are the shocks? You don't carry concrete in the trunk do you ;)?

"3. I can't believe you scrubbed you look like you got at least 1.5 inches between wheel and fender. What rear leafs are you running (new/old?) how old are the shocks? You don't carry concrete in the trunk do you ?"

I do have plenty of room between the tire and fender in the rear but the springs are REALLY worn 4 leaf stockers. I also had really worn shocks on the rear when I first put the tires on and the right rear would scrub over every bump. Since I put KYB's on the rear it just scrubs over larger bumps.

Great chart by the way Dodgestang. I couldn't be happier with the look or the fitment of the wheels!

Before:
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/14419/stang_5.gif

After:
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/14419/stang_4.gif

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/14419/stang_3.gif

Vinyl66 said:
I do have plenty of room between the tire and fender in the rear but the springs are REALLY worn 4 leaf stockers. I also had really worn shocks on the rear when I first put the tires on and the right rear would scrub over every bump. Since I put KYB's on the rear it just scrubs over larger bumps.

Ahhhh I understand now.

I don't like the TTII rims either, really their just ugly. There are way nicer rims out there, I have seen some nice once on a few of the members rides. I belive with classics you have to be very careful about adding rims and low profile tires, they need to match and flow with the car styling. I am more into seeing big rubber, no low profiles. But it is your money just be happy with what you get in the end, that's what matters.

.02 cents :spot:

darkness falls said:
I don't like the TTII rims either, really their just ugly. There are way nicer rims out there, I have seen some nice once on a few of the members rides. I belive with classics you have to be very careful about adding rims and low profile tires, they need to match and flow with the car styling. I am more into seeing big rubber, no low profiles. But it is your money just be happy with what you get in the end, that's what matters.

.02 cents :spot:

low profile > big rubber. low profile pwns all.

j/k.