No more Mustang!

BennyBlown2v

Dec 9, 2004
Carmel, INdiana
Well, it's final! The new owners drove from Tennessee to pickup the car today. I'm glad to have her sold after having it listed one place or another for almost two years (this Nov.), but it hurts taking a loss on all the time I've put into it :(

Plans are buy a daily driver, finish my drag bike build, and save money for school (gotta pay to play I guess hah).

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah it always sux when you have to let one of them go but like was said school is certainly more important.
Besides, it just allows you to build an even better one down the road ;)

Damn that sucks dude. At least you can pay for school now. If it weren't for the GI bill i don't think id even be in school because i don't have it in me to sell my car. But then again you have a drag bike so i guess your not gonna be too bored.

Haha yeah, thanks guys. I have been pretty fed up with not having any money to do a motor/fuel/drivetrain upgrade and make the car where I always wanted it - now I have the money to start saving for more important things, and hopefully get my drag bike situated (bikes are WAAAAY cheaper than Mustangs, incase anybody didn't know lol).

Heres a pic right now - got a ***** load of parts waiting to go on already haha.

View attachment 309854

She ran 10.60's at 131mph consistently before lowering it with 1.72-1.80 60fts. That's with mods equal to just a catback, K&N drop in, and a handheld tuner :nice: I'm hoping to get the 60's down into the 1.5's, make a bit more power, and run some mid 9's on motor. It will stay looking like a street bike, probably forever...just so I can run street legal series and of course bust some punks who don't know what they are dealing with :rlaugh:

Sucks that the mustang had to go, but it sounds like you've got your prioraties in line. Just Give work and school 110% and no doubt you'll have something even nicer in the future. I drove cheap old VWs for a long time before I could afford my first 'stang and have continued to work hard, it's been about 8yrs since I got the '93 and I bought the Cobra last year. This year I traded in my Yamaha FZ1 on an '08 R6. Kinda' justifies all that OT and the BS I put up with at work!

Congrats Benny :nice: Its a hard thing to see something you worked so hard on go away but after school youll be set to make some serious money and build an unbelievable Stang :banana:

The bike is pretty cool too :nice: I see you are expecting it to be on its side :(

The bike is pretty cool too :nice: I see you are expecting it to be on its side :(

Haha neva! But if it came to that, I'd rather have a little $10 piece of plastic break than rash my fairings and bend the frame :nice: I'm going to look at some jeeps tomorrow, and maybe some Rangers and Exploders too (honestly, I'd prefer to stay with a Ford product, simply because I know how they work all too well haha).

Explorers are so cheap around here. i stare at a black Limited V-8 with the tan interior across the street from my work for $5000. I think its an 03? But really nice looking and only 77K on it.

Found a new daily mule! 2000 Jeep Cherokee sport! :nice: super low miles, clean inside and out, perfect for hauling my bike haha...

jeep%20(5).jpg

jeep.jpg

jeep%20(2).jpg