No more RX8

Okay, so as a few of you may remember, I was highly considering the purchase of an '05 RX8 a week or two ago. Obviously, that fell through (thank goodness).

I immediately decided I would purchase an '03 Focus SVT and keep it really really real. :scratch: I guess? :shrug:

Anyway, these SVT's seem a little high priced too for only a 4-cylinder with a weird body style, but I was impressed by my old Contour SVT none the less so I was interested anyway.

However, I've now found a GREAT deal on a car, and I would like to see what y'all think. I recently offered a job opportunity to a car salesman who works for a used car dealership, and he told me in return for one of my positions, he would get me ANY car I wanted at a bottom line rate (since he's leaving anyway he's not concerned with making money on the deal). We're BOTH salesman, so I'll know if he's lying or not.

In any event, he's almost become my new best friend b/c we now talk on the phone at LEAST seven times a day about his new job he will have with me (selling warranties) and whatever car I'm interested in that day.

As I was on the phone with him last night, a new car just drove up on the lot. A guy JUST traded it in. It's a 2004 Acura TSX, but not just ANY TSX.

This guy put aftermarket Acura racing parts all over it. The previous owner took it to the track and it was clocked at 13.2 in the quarter mile. This ****ing car is SICK looking, and it's EVERYTHING I need for my next car.

It's a 4-door sedan. It's FWD. AND it's a 5-speed. The interior is sharp as a tack (this guy took care of the car). But what REALLY impresses me, is that it looks like a baller's car. This thing has BRAND new low-profile tires with racing rims, it's metallic blue, and all of the windows are tinted black. I mean, this thing looks ****ING awesome!

They will probably ask 16-17K for it, but I'm SURE I can get it for 11-12k. That's the SAME price as the 2004 Focus SVT I was looking at, and they're ONLY 16 second cars stock.

If I invest my money on the Acura I will be getting

a) a MUCH better LOOKING car
b) a MUCH faster car
and
c) a car I won't have to spend money on to modify b/c it's already fast for a DD.

I mean, we're looking at a car that will run door to door with an STI.

Plus it's everything I need for the winter, FWD, 5-speed, and it's got 4-doors instead of 2 like the Focus.

If I make this purchase, I will be buying a car that is PROVEN dependable against break downs, so I won't even need a warranty, and if it ever DOES break down, I'll just send it to my mechanic who is putting my Mustang back together right NOW as we speak. He can work on ANYTHING. This way I won't have to pay the Honda mechanics a million dollars an hour to fix something small.

I will DEFINITELY keep the Mustang, so this is a solo purchase.

That way I will have a 12-second weekend warrior, and a fast-ass 13-second DD, both 5-speeds. I'm excited.

Oh! By the way. This is important enough to me to mention to you folks. This car is NOT riced out. This car was VERY well done and taken care of. Matter of fact, the car runs 13.2 seconds on STOCK dual exhaust, so there's no worries about another weed wacker running up and down the streets late at night.

This is an all around GREAT car. Does anybody else agree?

• Sponsors (?)

I hear ya, and BELIEVE me I love a Ford. But loving Ford's SHOULDN'T cause me to become a blind idiot.

I've seen the pictures of this car and it is HOT! I've already decided I will buy it TONIGHT!

As soon as I get off work, I'm heading down south to make the purchase. She will be mine, and she is quite a piece lemme tell ya. I will officially have one badass DD. But my heart still lies with Missy (my Mustang).

She will never be neglected, she just can't handle the snow. :(

I will be contacting the previous owner for a list of modifications done to the car. That way if I decided to do something down the road in the future, I will know what NOT to do. Seems like a smart idea.

As soon as I make the purchase and get a chance, I will post pics. I'm positive most folks will appreciate the vehicle. It was done the RIGHT way. :nice:

As for i wouldn't drive it, it's still a hell of alot better than an rx8. and at least it can still be used as a year around car.

I'd still be looking for a wrx. Once you go awd for a daily driver, you don't go back.

I'd be all over an RX8, myself, simply because being able to wind up to 10k RPM is just insane and rotary motors are amazing little creatures. RX8 engine sound > any 4-cylinder engine sound. Also ... RWD > FWD.

However, being that you have to deal with snow and stuff, FWD may be the more practical choice in the long run, so disregard the performance and looks issues, and go with whatever suits your actual needs best.

Holy ****! One of the last people I thought would own a Honda is converting!

View attachment 362945

TSXs are good cars, although I'm partial to the TL with AWD. They are especially good with the SIX speed (they don't come in 5). It has the K24 which is a fantastic engine; Sport Compact Car magazine gave one 238whp without forced induction or modifying the reciprocating assembly (rods, pistons & crank for those who don't know). Very torquey engine, too. A 13.2 sounds like it's huffin' something, though..probably a Comptech supercharger.

mugen-tsx-20050826012611462.jpg

Either way, good stuff. A TSX should give you a lot of worry-free miles.

Attachments

• mugen-tsx-20050826012611462.jpg
    mugen-tsx-20050826012611462.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 77
I'd be all over an RX8, myself, simply because being able to wind up to 10k RPM is just insane and rotary motors are amazing little creatures. RX8 engine sound > any 4-cylinder engine sound. Also ... RWD > FWD.

However, being that you have to deal with snow and stuff, FWD may be the more practical choice in the long run, so disregard the performance and looks issues, and go with whatever suits your actual needs best.

RX8s sound like outboards.