no mufflers

I dont know, if you think about it bumping up to a 2.5" catless exhaust system would probaly have less backpressure than the stock 2.25" with 4 cats (or 6 if your NPI) and no mufflers.

Good question though. Mine didnt really feel like a slouch or anything without them, but the X pipe made it run pretty nice up top.

Who knows...:shrug:

Well, the mufflers add restriction, no matter what brand or design they are. Even a LM2 adds some restriction.

I think no muffler at all isn't a good idea personally.

• Sponsors (?)

I would imagine that aside from the sound change, you are also going to lose backpressure which will be detrimental to your performance.

crapola

This is the response I have been waiting for. People here spend countless hundreds getting OffRoad Midpipes and HighFlow catbacks. What is the difference between and O/R X with SLP LM1, and Stock Midpipe with no mufflers. I bet that the car with the full exhaust is less restrictive and has less backpressure, but no one would chastise them for that. The loss in backpressure is going to minimally reduce performance.

San, this response isn't directed at [you], but rather at your reply.

I dunno about all this loss of power nonsense...I mean, have you ever seen a race car, be it Formula 1, Lemans, NHRA, or whatever, with a muffler?? :shrug: I sure haven't, all I see is the exhaust getting out and away from the car as fast as they can get it out. Some of those lmp Lemans cars have some crazy exhaust exits. Just something to think about.

the only extremely high horsepower race vehicle ive seen with mufflers was a monster truck the other day was running some, only looked like miniglasspacks. Ive always heard its good to get the air out as fast as possible so i figured straights was the fastest, but then again ive heard ohc motors need some backpressure. i guess thats why they run so many cats.