No new bests tonight, but I toasted my clutch! (pic + vid)

Gael

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2002
Tucson, AZ
Yeah that thing's done for, I was able to drive it home though.

My only 60' was a 1.763, and the LR didn't even spin during the burnout.

I ran a 12.727 @ 107.39

My dad did a 12.819 @ 107.08 with a 1.886 60'

Then I went to make my 2nd pass, the cars 3rd pass, brakes wouldn't hold my burnout, so I stopped and tried again, same issue. So I say screw it I'll just see how it goes. Problem is, my car didn't want to get out of gear, then go into gear. I figured I had killed the T5 finally.

I shut the car off, messed with it a bit, it started going back into gear with the car off. I told the track worker what was going on. He told me to try the burnout again and see what happens. So I went back, tried to get out of gear, stuck again. So I shut it off and told him something's wrong, so got a couple people to push me back and then out of the way.

I then put the car in 1st, fired it up, and putted down the pits to where I was parking, and poked around for a while.

Good lord does burnt clutch smell bad. One guy thought it was my linelock, but I dunno. I guess it's possible, cause my RF wheel has a LOT of friction.. as if the brakes are holding it a bit. Brake fluid was fine, didn't lose a drop.

I drove the car home, gonna let it rest maybe, though I may still have to drive it to work and back this week, but then I'll have a daily driver from my brother to use, and so my car will get lots of work done.

New clutch, new intake, put nitrous system on, debating on rebuilding the rear end to make it spin both tires correctly, and may have a friend who's going to build me some better traction bars than the SSM lift bars I have now.

DSCF0133.JPG

http://www.starshadow.com/~gael/vids/sir6-24-05/gael.wmv

• Sponsors (?)