no options gt wtf

fast97gt

Jan 2, 2007
north carolina
:bang: whats up people ive had my ride for a couple months and done a lot of stuff to it, but what i want to no is my ride just a base model or was it a special order or options delete here it is the only thing it has is p/m, p/s, p/b that it, as for options, and yes its 97GT, but i was told theres a model put out in 95 called a GTS any relationship in this, and another thing my ride is 600lbs. liter than all my buddys gt'sand 2 are 97 the rest are 95s to 99s so can yall enliten me:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

its almost 600lbs. liter the gvwr is 3900lbs. no lie if i could get pic of the door tag ill post it

not calling you a liar, but you are wrong

gross vehicle weight rating (maximum allowable total weight of a road vehicle that is loaded to capacity, including the weight of the vehicle itself plus fuel, passengers, cargo, and other miscellaneous items such as extra aftermarket parts) and curb weight are 2 different things

your car (and theirs) probably weigh a little over 3200lbs

Its pretty much the same as the GTS cars as said above.

I looked at one, absoloutly bare bones.

Cloth V6 seats, no power locks, manual windows, base sterio system, 16" wheels, no power windows...

The cars are definatly a few hundred lbs lighter, but I dont know about 600lbs worth.

Assuming you can drive your ahead of the game at the drag strip, at least a comparable year GT with all the options. Weight savings are great.

yall aint nothin but a buncha ball busters youd rather b**** and complain about someones GRAMMER and crap like that instead of givin some insight on questions that are asked. and to hotmustang you better have it reweighed cause my friends fully loaded GTs gvwr is 4450lbs. so i dont no were your readin the info off your car but that info is located on the VIN STICKER on the inside of you door jamb.

and to hotmustang you better have it reweighed cause my friends fully loaded GTs gvwr is 4450lbs. so i dont no were your readin the info off your car but that info is located on the VIN STICKER on the inside of you door jamb.

umm, let me see if i can help

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (maximum allowable total weight of a road vehicle that is loaded to capacity, including the weight of the vehicle itself plus fuel, passengers, cargo, and other miscellaneous items such as extra aftermarket parts) and curb weight are 2 different things

you know i think this supereheuauexueaxx guy might be on to something:shrug:

GVWR is not the correct way to weight a car. It's usually calculated based off the weight of the passengers plus a certain amount of weight for luggage. It varies for each vehicle so you really can't go by this number.

The only real way to weigh your car is to put it on a scale. You'll find it will be around 3200-3400 pounds. The difference between a stripped down GT and a loaded GT will only be 100-150 pounds. There really isn't much to add onto the car to make it weight more