no sound! infinity

ironmedic

Mar 18, 2003
Puyallup, WA
hey guys, i recently bought some infinity reference speakers 6x9's on the front and rear. i also picked up an infinity reference amp model number 7541a. i ran all the speakers to the amp on each channel. i wired up the amp and it powers up. i run the RCA cable from the sony deck (i forgot the model) and i get no output to the amp. i get no sound at all. on the back of the deck it says "rear deck output". i run the RCA from there to the input on the amp side. i get no lights other than a power light. i have looked through my settings on the deck and found nothing. im pretty much lost on what is up. the salesman who sold me the gear told me he will meet up with me before super bowl kick off to help diagnose the problem. im hoping to get it figured out before then..if i get lucky! does anyone have any ideas? i have rigged up amps before but never had this problem.

• Sponsors (?)

yes, i went through 2 sets of RCA's. i think my deck is retarded. when my XGF drove the car around for a while, she had the original deck stolen and replaced it with some low end sony one. if i have to, im going to upgrade the deck and see what happens. this salesman is rather generous to meet me on my day off to help me figure out what is wrong.