no start

so i need some help. i left for basic training back in november and left the stang with the parents. And now i call them and they tell me that my car wont start. so they put a new battery in and stil no start. they tell me that all it does is they try to start it and all it does is just make a click sound. and its only one click. so what exactly could be the problem? They told me that they have not even driven the car much less even try to start it. So basically heres what happens. they put the key in the ignition, push the clutch pedal in, turn the key and then click. SO its got a new battery and i told them to clean the terminal connectors and still no start. I need some help as to finding out what the problem could be. Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Starter would be my guess. A lot of times after sitting for a while a bit of corrosion will form on the armature and keep the brushes from making good contact. Some times a whack with a hammer will jar the starter enough to get it working temporarily.

If that doesn't work, try turning the motor over by hand using the front crank shaft damper. Turn in clockwise direction only. Should be able to turn over without excessive effort. I believe it is a 19mm bolt.

This will rule out an interally seized motor.

Same problem

I am having the same problem with my 91 LX. I bought a new starter, battery, battery terminals, starter solenoid, relays, checked fuses and I still get the 'click'. Sometimes she starts and sometimes she just sits there and gives me the click. Can anyone explain why this is happening? Again the parts mentioned above are brand new.