No Torque!

GeLsTaNg215

Dec 7, 2004
Philly, PA
Alright well I wrote a thread about week or so ago about my car feeling like it has absoloutley no torque at all. After careful observation over the past couple days I noticed that the car feels like its a torque monster for about 3 mins then after the car warms up it feels like a honda when i shift it no torque at all. What could cause the car to lose all torque in 3 mins lol. I just wanted to write that because I didnt include any details like that before and it seemed awfully odd that a car can lose torque in 3mins or so. I havent really had time to check what others said in my previous thread, I just wanted to see if that would shed anymore light on what might be my problem. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Is the motor at operating temprature? I am guessing in 3 minutes, no. I would say if it does this going into closed loop, then that would indicate that either the oxygen sensors are messed up or it is emmisions related, such as a EGR valve being opened and staying open. Many things could cause this. I hate to say this, but that is also a sign of a cracked head/block. When the motor is cold, everythign is fine, but a little heat, the metal expands, so does the crack.

Wow that is a scary thought! its just so many things it could be and I have no mechanical skills at all :( I guess im gonna have to break down and take it to performance shop and get it checked out. Thanks for replying :flag:

That would be a smart choice. At least you admitt it. I see people thowing parts at thier cars all the time, they usually spend more money, cause themselves a lot more frustration, and so often, make their problem worse by adding more varables. Most shops will charge you between $60-80 to dianose your problem. I have good drills and bits, can get some JB weld, and have some solder, but if my tooth hurts, I'm going to the dentist, lol.