No Wonder Everyone Hates the 6!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Monkie said:
Supercharger for mine cost around the same money but I will put down 380-410rwhp. So why bother with a GT? :shrug: Do you see where I am going with this? Some people like to be different. As long as it has a Mustang on it and not a bowtie I am fine with it. Lets all get along now.

You know, very rarely, if ever, will I agree with an SVT owner...but this is one of those times. :nice:

yellow5.0cobra said:
hey, im down for flying to TX to find a nice running V6 within the next month or so.

Well, if you come to the Houston area I'm SURE u can find one cheap that's in at least decent shape for the price you are looking to pay....you may even be able to find one at one of the Car Max lots around here. If not, Stangs are always for sale by private owners around here...some are pretty good deals. I'll keep an eye out and if I see one that looks good and is in your range, I'll let you know. I'm sure I could get the number of the owner for you and you guys could talk out the rest. :nice:

yellow5.0cobra said:
Thanx bud.

The thing has to be an AUTOMATIC!

I told the girlfriend, if I trade her a 6cyl SN95 car, will she give me the notchback, and she obliged to the deal!

Hey no problem, I'm happy to help out a fellow Stanger. :cheers: Also, congrats on owning the 5.0 Cobra (foxbodys rule :D ). I'd just like to say that it's nice to talk to someone who has an awesome car and isn't a jerk about it. :flag: It shouldn't be too hard to find an auto in good shape...it's mostly the sticks that get run hard and put up wet. I can't promise anything, but I'll start looking out for a good Stang for ya. :nice: By the way, your g/f must be really cool to hook you up like that. :nice:

GREENBIOCH said:
Here is a 300 HP NA V6, mind you he is stroked to a 4.2

http://v6power.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29386

that's not 300 rear wheel horsepower. there is a huge difference. a 340rwhp 4.6L = 400hp at the flywheel. so if you want to compare apples to apples, the highest N/A 2V that i know of has 400 flywheel hp.

GREENBIOCH said:
My point is the V6 is not the piece of crap some V8 Guys brush it off to be. I'm just enjoying my stang wether someone thinks its slow or not, The more I know about the V8 and other vehicles the better knowledge I have of who to pick races against. If someone wants to be ignorant, I wish to be there the day the 6 hands him his ass.

while the V6 is no piece of crap, it does take quite a bit of work for it to keep up with 99+GT's. so some people don't see the point of buying a V6, spending money on trying to keep up with GT's, then in the end, have spent just as much money as it would have cost to buy the GT in the first place. i'm not saying i think that way, but i believe that is the perception. same thing applies to GT's and Cobras.

Mean03V6 said:
:nice: Hey DBM, check this guy out...guess he's your type of Stanger. V8>V6? I guess if that's what the V8 owners want to think to try to make themselves feel better about the huge car note and insurance bill they have on the V8 then so be it. What a load of crap.

in performance terms, there is no comparison between the 3.8L V6 and the 4.6L GT. and that's why people buy GT's over V6's. and Cobras over GT's. as far as the insurance, i only pay about $50 a month. not bad for a rwd V8 convertible if you ask me. as for the price tag, well, if you want more power, it costs money. i wanted more power, so i spent more money. it's as simple as that. i'm sorry you do not comprehend.

Mean03V6 said:
:Greenbioch, you are so right...people are getting way too touchy on this board. It would take a blind person to think that modding a GT is as cheap as modding a V6.

parts may be cheap for the V6, but you have alot of catching up to do in the HP & TQ departments. not to mention the rear end and tranny.

Mean03V6 said:
My best friend's buddy has a 01 Cobra and it's costing him out the rear end to mod even the basic stuff on it.

he's not looking in the right places then. most parts cost the same as GT parts.

Mean03V6 said:
DBM, I gotta say, you have way too much time on your hands...I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.

in ones own mind, he is king.

Mean03V6 said:
And yes, I will tell a V8 owner to their face that their car isn't all that.

that wasn't what i said. are you having trouble reading? i said you would not call them an a$$hole to their face.

Mean03V6 said:
I have no idea where you are dragging your numbers from, but Ford lists out the GT coupe at $25,900.00 for an auto. There may be dealers selling them cheaper, but I go by list price, and by that standard, it's quite pricey for what you get.

:rlaugh: you've got to be kidding? list price means nothing. go to the 4.6L board and ask people how much they paid for their GT's new. there are several people who have gotten 02 and 03's, possibly even 04's below $20k. go to a car lot for christ's sake and find out for yourself. i paid $26k for mine and it's a fully loaded vert with the limited edition 35th anniversary package. it's pricey? lmfao! who else sells a V8 car for that much? no one. and the GT comes with a stronger tranny and rear end Vs. the V6.

Mean03V6 said:
You guys act like there's a 100 horse power difference between a stock 6 and a stock GT. For crying out loud people, come down off the ego for just one second.

although the hp difference, depending on year, 67-115hp, that doesn't tell the whole story. there is a thing called torque as well. the 99+ GT's can run a full second faster in the 1/4 than the V6. in auto racing, that is a huge margin.

Mean03V6 said:
For crying out loud people, come down off the ego for just one second. And as for someone defending themselves meaning they have an ego DBM, well, if I don't :hail2: to your points and I don't feel the way you do, and you want to think that it means i have some huge ego, then feel free.

you also have an inferiority complex. :owned: i never bashed the 6, so why attack me? simple, inferiority complex. you lash out at those who have more than you. in this case, it's the number of cylinders.

Mean03V6 said:
The V8 is still :notnice: in my book, and nothing is going to change that.

you can feel however you wish. opinions don't have to be founded in reality.

Mean03V6 said:
By insulting me, you're just proving my point that you V8 guys are, for the most part, a$$holes. :notnice:

would you like me to go back in this thread as well as the old thread and point out who attempted to insult who first? i'd really hate to own you yet again, but if you insist, i'll do it.

<marquee>TeH :owned: </marquee>

Btw for "Pinski"
Its NOT a "99 motor or computer setup" its a Flat Tappet motor out of an "87 T'bird with 4bbl , P+P heads, custom cam and .500 lift with 1.8 rockers pirated from a big block. So dont tell me the "DYNO" stories from tuning your "dumb engines" (takes all the tune out of human hands) and build a hot motor for an OLD (well maybe older than you lol) car where the tune is in the ear of the tuner and in the seat of the pants.

DBMSTNG said:
in performance terms, there is no comparison between the 3.8L V6 and the 4.6L GT. and that's why people buy GT's over V6's. and Cobras over GT's. as far as the insurance, i only pay about $50 a month. not bad for a rwd V8 convertible if you ask me. as for the price tag, well, if you want more power, it costs money. i wanted more power, so i spent more money. it's as simple as that. i'm sorry you do not comprehend.

parts may be cheap for the V6, but you have alot of catching up to do in the HP & TQ departments. not to mention the rear end and tranny.

he's not looking in the right places then. most parts cost the same as GT parts.

in ones own mind, he is king.

that wasn't what i said. are you having trouble reading? i said you would not call them an a$$hole to their face.

:rlaugh: you've got to be kidding? list price means nothing. go to the 4.6L board and ask people how much they paid for their GT's new. there are several people who have gotten 02 and 03's, possibly even 04's below $20k. go to a car lot for christ's sake and find out for yourself. i paid $26k for mine and it's a fully loaded vert with the limited edition 35th anniversary package. it's pricey? lmfao! who else sells a V8 car for that much? no one. and the GT comes with a stronger tranny and rear end Vs. the V6.

although the hp difference, depending on year, 67-115hp, that doesn't tell the whole story. there is a thing called torque as well. the 99+ GT's can run a full second faster in the 1/4 than the V6. in auto racing, that is a huge margin.

you also have an inferiority complex. :owned: i never bashed the 6, so why attack me? simple, inferiority complex. you lash out at those who have more than you. in this case, it's the number of cylinders.

you can feel however you wish. opinions don't have to be founded in reality.

would you like me to go back in this thread as well as the old thread and point out who attempted to insult who first? i'd really hate to own you yet again, but if you insist, i'll do it.

<marquee>TeH :owned: </marquee>

Ok, please check out the thread I just started titled My Problem With V8s. I think you'll enjoy the story...and I have no problems calling anyone an a$$hole to their face. I'm not a jerk, but if you're askin for it, you're gonna get it. You think you :owned: me? Well, whatever makes you sleep at night. :rolleyes:

Mean03V6 said:
Ok, please check out the thread I just started titled My Problem With V8s. I think you'll enjoy the story...and I have no problems calling anyone an a$$hole to their face. I'm not a jerk, but if you're askin for it, you're gonna get it. You think you :owned: me? Well, whatever makes you sleep at night. :rolleyes:

shall i arrange a meeting with you and some Houston area V8 owners so you can prove that you will call them A$$holes to their faces? they are all a$$holes since the own V8's. according to you anyway.:rlaugh:

DBMSTNG said:
shall i arrange a meeting with you and some Houston area V8 owners so you can prove that you will call them A$$holes to their faces? they are all a$$holes since the own V8's. according to you anyway.:rlaugh:

AHA...AHAHA....AHAHAHAHA.... :rolleyes: How old are you, like 12? And stop sending me private messages about how you :owned: me dude.

afast93stang said:
Chill, you didnt say that in your original post, how was I or anyone else supposed to know what you were thinking... I was just stickin up for the 4cyl b/c it sounded like you were knockin them...

I owned a 1981 rust bucket 4 cyl with somethin like a million miles on it. It was my first car and I loved it...learned how to drive a stick thanks to it. To this day, I still say that the four cyliner Stangs are quick and very fun to drive...sorry for goin off on you there, guess I should make myself clearer when I post. My fault. :hail2:

afast93stang said:
Its cool, no hard feelings...

Hey, I read your mods in your sig, got any full size pics of your stang, it sounds cool

:cheers: Thanks! Well, all the pics i have were taken with a digital camera and they are all too large to post. :( I had my avatar pic posted here at one point, but I forgot what I did to make it work... :shrug: If I can figure it out, I'll get some pics up. :nice:

Mean03V6 said:
AHA...AHAHA....AHAHAHAHA.... :rolleyes: How old are you, like 12? And stop sending me private messages about how you :owned: me dude.

if i'm 12, i'm more mature than your whiny little ass. wah wah wah. i got picked on by V8 owners.:rlaugh: quit acting like a child scorned because you couldn't keep a GT.

are you backing down now? you said you would tell V8 owners to their face they are a$$holes.

oh, and i haven't sent you a PM in MONTHS!

:owned: again.

Status
Not open for further replies.