Noisy manual transmission

I have about 1500 miles on my '07 convertible. It has a 5-speed. Not driven a manual transmission in sometime now, I was expecting a much quiter drive train. At times I it sounds like I'm operating a sewing machine! I get a lot of clunking from the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift. When I have the engine at 1200 to 1500 RPM in 4th I hear this sound like I have the gears not quit messing. It feels smooth but just noisy. Also at times when sitting at a light with my foot off the clutch and in neutral it sounds like the throwout bearing is noisy.

Have I been driving automatics too long and overly sensitive to all these sounds, or is there something wrong?

When I go in for my oil change, I was planning on having the service manager take a ride with me a see if he hears the same things - good idea?

• Sponsors (?)

I have about 1500 miles on my '07 convertible. It has a 5-speed. Not driven a manual transmission in sometime now, I was expecting a much quiter drive train. At times I it sounds like I'm operating a sewing machine! I get a lot of clunking from the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift. When I have the engine at 1200 to 1500 RPM in 4th I hear this sound like I have the gears not quit messing. It feels smooth but just noisy. Also at times when sitting at a light with my foot off the clutch and in neutral it sounds like the throwout bearing is noisy.

Have I been driving automatics too long and overly sensitive to all these sounds, or is there something wrong?

When I go in for my oil change, I was planning on having the service manager take a ride with me a see if he hears the same things - good idea?

my 06 manual is the same, lots of noise and lots of driveline clatter. I'm thinking of replacing the 2 piece drive line with an aluminum one. But the gears are just noisy, I actually don't mind that sound at all though. It's the clunking, knocking driveline that is obnoxious.

Hi - my 2007 standard transmission is also very noisy, especially in shifting in the low gears.
My dealer says there is nothing wrong with it, that they had to beef up the V6 transmission because of hard use by those who would rather have a GT and don't want to pay the GT insurance rates.
Have others had similar comments?
Thanks

Same thing with my 07 Premium Coupe. Also a weird clunking/churning sound on takeoff when engaging the clutch. It growls in all gears but is worst in 4th. Same grrring sound when idling in neutral too. It's been to the dealer 3X now. On the 3rd visit, they dropped the trans and had a look inside. Saw nothing wrong, swapped out the throwout bearing as a guess and threw it back together. I am scheduling an appointment with a factory engineer now. It keeps getting worse, like it's going to implode. Very sad about the whole thing. Even tried stuffing sound foam inside the console but it didnt help.

Noisy Transmission

I just got back from the trip to the Ford Dealer regarding my noisy 5 speed. They stated that was normal and had an 08 demo to show that it made the same noise. I guess thats just something we have to live with. By the way, they made no comments at all on the BBK CAI and Flowmater axleback I had installed on it.

Cruzstang34:D