Noisy Tires...

I recently found some 17 inch 03 polished cobra wheels at a dismantle yard. They had some Wanli S-1088's mounted on them with over 75% of the tread left. DAM! These have got to be some of the noisest tires I have ever owned. Looking them up, they are suppossed to be good drifting tires. And every single review also mentions how noisy and unbalanced the tires can become. Has anyone else heard this about these tires?

Of course its +10 noisy in a vert. I don't plan on keeping these tires for long.....any recomendations for replacements? I am thinking Goodyear Eagles, which is what I had on my stock wheels that were very quiet.

• Sponsors (?)

Goodyear Eagles are what I have always bought, no problems, except they don't last more than 2 years. And I don't understand the point of drifting. You're stressing your drivetrain, wasting your tires, and for what?

I hear ya on the drifting. I have no clue about drifting. I will more than likely replace the tires with Eagles soon. I am not sure how much more of the road noise I can stand. At least the stereo drowns it out.

Well....just to inform you, those are not 03 cobra wheels they are 01's, or they were found as an option wheel for newer GT's. As for the tires....most people think the good year eagles are pretty crappy, noise they aren't bad but some better tires out there for the money. However this is coming from V8's. I personally have Sumitomo's and they are extremely reasonable priced and have been pleased with them. BF Goodrich would be another choice of mine, but are alittle more expensive. If you get a good deal on the Good Year eagles then that would be good enough.

Well....just to inform you, those are not 03 cobra wheels they are 01's, or they were found as an option wheel for newer GT's. As for the tires....most people think the good year eagles are pretty crappy, noise they aren't bad but some better tires out there for the money. However this is coming from V8's. I personally have Sumitomo's and they are extremely reasonable priced and have been pleased with them. BF Goodrich would be another choice of mine, but are alittle more expensive. If you get a good deal on the Good Year eagles then that would be good enough.

Cool, I guess I got confused as AmericanMuscle calls them 03 Cobra Style wheels, but DallasMustang calls them 99 Cobra Style Wheels. Balancing the wheels helped the noise level a little. I think they may have been worn a weird way before I got them, or the fact that they are just a plain noisy tire. I am quite surprised how well they grip the road when turning a corner in the rain. Most of the time my rear wheels would spin and my back end would slide, but I have yet to slide on these wheels. I have decided to run on them for a bit though before changing them out with new tires. I will more than likely go with Eagles again as that is what I had on my old stock rims before I switched. Those tires lasted over 50k miles. And they only got really noisy at the end of the tread life. Thanks for the replies!