non mustang classic ford

My question is does the guy have the title ready to go? I've been in these situations before where they want the money but have misplaced the title. I found this nice rust free carman ghia one time that my wife wanted bad and the lady selling it told me it ran really good but something chewed thru all the wiring. I wanted to hear it run before I bought it so for two days I worked on this car in the hot oklahoma sun in july and replaced all the wiring, Then the carburator and a tune up. So i get ti running and it sounds good and doesnt smoke so I tell her I'll take it. She couldnt find the title so she would call me. a few days go by and I call her she hasnt really looked for it but its right here somewhere. A few more days and I call again. Still didnt find it but will send for a replacement. Two weeks I call again. She hasnt had a chance to get the replacement and one of her relatives thinks they want the car now that its running. By now I'm looking for places I could hide her body but couldnt get up the nerve to kill her. Anyway I hope this turns out good for you cause it sounds like a great deal but just make sure you get the title when you give him the cash. :owned:

• Sponsors (?)

Bnickel.

I am waiting to win the lottery also. :D

As for the title, He lost it. I have contacted the dmv, and its $55 to file for a lost title. I will do a bill of sale, then file for the lost title in my name. Since Its running, I can take it to the dmv for inspection.

I also have some cop friends that will run the plates to verify that there is nothing goofy going on with it.

Whoa! You are lucky you bought it when you did. Pretty soon Unique Motorsports will be buying up all the good shells to turn out "new" continuation "Fallen from Grace" 1966 f-250's.

:)

Ok I looked at the auction again and may be seeing things. Does he really have a $500,000.00 opening bid with a BIN of $1,000,000.00!?!?! That auction cannot be for real, can it? Never heard of the movie it was "drove" in :)

I would let mine go for a tenth of what he is asking.

:D

I looked today and it is a custom cab, swb. I should have pics by tonight. I need to go get a camera, or my memory card for mine.

I got the title sorted out today. I went in my fireman uniform and was able to verify that there was only one owner, and it was the guy selling it.

So I went up and paid him, and filled out a bill of sale. Then a lost title form in my name.

It will cost me $55 for a new title. But it will be in my name. Free and clear.

1320stang said:
Tos, I would have went back and got my wiring. That sucks dude.
Well she actually supplied the harness I did all the work. She had the car at one of those storage places and moved it somewhere right after that so I couldnt find it or her cause I would have at least put it back like I found it. Actually torching it was my first thought. :fuss:

68rustang said:
Does he really have a $500,000.00 opening bid with a BIN of $1,000,000.00!?!?! That auction cannot be for real, can it? Never heard of the movie it was "drove" in :)

I checked and there is John Mellencamp's movie "Falling From Grace" and the Jim and Tammy Faye Baker story "Fall From Grace". He does say 'In Jesus name we will get the full price', so one can only assume which demographic he is aiming for.

Just think - trailer it to all the televangelist pilgrimages and charge "$5.00 for a photo of you with the truck - $25.00 with you behind the wheel!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ANTI...iewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQitemZ8002263035QQrdZ1

I got some keys made today. I never knew that ford had stamped the code on top of the doors lock cylinders.

I called a locksmith and had a set made for $12.50

so far I am into this truck for
$150 purchase price
$12.50 keys
$15.00 ignition switch (I broke the old one)
$55.00 for lost title
$55.00 registration.

I am half tempted to go down to napa and buy some enamel primer, base, and clear. Then take the weekend to strip and paint the truck. I really do not care if it is not perfect. But it will be one color and my wife will not be able to complain as much. :D

I still do not have pictures. My camera is old, and my computer will not read its memory card.

I should be able to borrow one tommorow. Then I can show off my POS truck.

here are the pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I took it for a drive today and ran it around for about 20 miles. I had no problems other than the tranny feeling like it was slipping into neutral. I am not sure if its because the linkage is hitting the exhaust, or because the trans is old and wore out.

here are some interior pics, along with my custom Temp guage mounting.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• SIMG0035.JPG
    SIMG0035.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 107
  • SIMG0032.JPG
    SIMG0032.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 118
from what I have read, The 70's disk spindles, booster, and pedals. Will swap over.

I definantly want power disk brakes on this. Especially if my wife drives it. The manual drum brakes cause quite a pucker when someone pulls in front of me.

krash kendall said:
Could be low on tranny fluid (automatic?).
It was low, but I filled it up and it will slip under a heavy load.

I am hoping it is because the shift linkage is being bumped partially into neutral. The exhaust pipe rests right on the linkage when it is in drive, and when the motor torques, it moved the shifter.

I did find everything I need to swap it over to a manual. I might go ahead and do that. I prefer a stick over an auto. Plus my wife will not be able to drive it as easy :D