Noob from TX

rebelboy194

Apr 23, 2012
Hello all. My name is Mike, and I'm from Plainview, Tx originally, but currently stationed at Cannon Air Force Base, Nm. I am a car/truck/motorcycle enthusiast. I love just about anything with wheels and an internal combustion engine. I own an 88 convertible mustang gt, and a 2010 mustang gt premium as far as mustangs go. I also own a 79 chevy stepside, and a 2005 harley davidson road glide. I was recently thinking about getting rid of the fox body for a crotch rocket, but then saw madmike1157's mustang in the new 5.0 mag, and it inspired me to start work on the car again and keep it.

IMG_4412.JPG
IMG_4400.JPG
IMG_4402.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Keep the old Fox body. I did what you are thinking a few years ago. I got rid of my 95 GT Vert, got on sport bikes for a while....loved every second riding bikes....but now with a family, and no bikes (not the best thing for a a father of 3), I sure wish I had my 95 GT parked next to my 04 Roush in the garage now, I didn't have to sell it, and shouldn't have.

Welcome to SN!

It looks like you got your work cut out for you on that vert. Looking forward to see where you go with that project.

Gotta make one thing perfectly clear though... I'm the only Noob 'round these here parts! :fuss:

Haha, not a problem Mr. Noobz. I look forward to the work on the car, and seeing my progress as well. I've always been a chevy guy, but I love fox body's and my 2010 is pretty sweet as well. madmike1157's progress on his 89 pretty much turned me off of getting rid of the car. I already have the harley so I can still do all the riding I want. Look forward to learning from all yous guys.

Yeah I want to mod the sh!* out of it, but I don't know where to start. I'm trying to get the motor put together on my 88 before I have surgery in a week and a half, and don't really know where to start with the '10. I'd like to have 12's out of it, but not sure how to get there. The only mods I've done are muffler deletes, sound tube delete, and a k&n drop in air filter for the factory cai.

Yeah I want to mod the sh!* out of it, but I don't know where to start. I'm trying to get the motor put together on my 88 before I have surgery in a week and a half, and don't really know where to start with the '10. I'd like to have 12's out of it, but not sure how to get there. The only mods I've done are muffler deletes, sound tube delete, and a k&n drop in air filter for the factory cai.
I'll shoot you a PM and we can discuss some parts.