Nopi Drift Mustang *pic

some of you guys are stupid.

Agreed. What is the world coming to when Mustang owners think a rwd V8 car (MUSTANG!) doing massive powerslides/burnouts is "gay" or "rice"? If you can't appreciate this, you are far worse than a "ricer" imo. I think it's one of those bandwagon things, one person said drifting is gay because it started with foreign cars, and now everyone thinks it's cool to hate it.

• Sponsors (?)

Hello,

I'm new to the forum here. I am a fan of the whole drifting thing and I am currently putting together a 5.0 for drift. The car is actually my daily driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMJOmlUqfYo

My friend David is the driver. Right now we are just getting the suspension worked out, but we plan to do a number of events later this year once everything is working.

The car is really quiet in that video as it still had a stock exhaust, I fixed that by removing the mufflers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97dsgfHZU0

Let me know what you guys think.

Right now the car is still pretty simple:
  • Maximum Motorsports coilovers (600 lbs front, 250lbs rear)
  • Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar
  • 17 x 8 -30mm wheels with 245/45R17 wheels at all 4 corners
  • Removed interior
  • Stock 170 Mile engine and transmission [king cobra clutch]
  • 5 lug rear with 3.30 something gear out of a '94 gt
  • Racecraft 2" drop spindles for '94-'95
  • 4 point rollbar that connect the tops of the coilovers
  • Stock Exhaust with no mufflers [I am still able to drive on the street as it is only real loud at full throttle above 3k rpm]

Coming Soon:
  • Remove the A/C [It actually still works :) ]
  • Custom Front Lower Control Arms to add steering angle
  • Full Roll Cage
  • A hand brake that works, currently the car has no emergency brake.

You can see all of the videos if you go to youtube.com/driftlive

We try to make a new video each time we make changes to the car. Soon there will be a website.

True True...maybe they should do it again...

I wish they had a bare-bones LX version of the new Mustang, basic interior, no power windows, no fog lights... just a basic V8 Mustang for almost the same price of a fully equipped V6 Mustang... :shrug:

"yeah we call that buying a 2005 Mustang (lease return) and doing some weight reduction..." :lol: