noszle kit install help

flames201

Dec 23, 2004
st. amant, la
i am puting this kit on an 04 gt. are there any secrets or shortcuts i should know about? any tricks not mentioned in the directions? just trying to get a headstart on the problemsolving! any input is appreciated!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Follow instructions. That being said, here are some thingas I have done to mine to make it functional 100%:
1) Use good quality liquid teflon on all NPT fittings. Especially the ones on the distribution block.
2) To tighten the fittings on the distribution block, get a line wrench. I had to grind mine down on the sides so it would fit between the fittings. You will see what I mean.
3) The electronic WOT switch is crap. I finally got rid of mine and got a manual switch for it. They Have a custom bracket for a 4.6 mustang. Call and ask. It was $30 tho.
4) Be sure to lube the o-rings well before putting them in. Mine were of poor quality and cracked. They were just a bit too big. I went to ace and bought new ones that fit better.
5) The fittings on the lines that connect to the dist. bloch should be snug, not tight. Use your own judgement.
6) Get the Gen X2 kit from NX to reap the full benefits of the kit. You spent this much, now finish it.
7) Threadlock the screws that hold the solinoids onto the bracket. They jiggle out.
8) Passenger side rear is a tight fit. Make sure the line isn't touching the engine or it will turn the nitrous into a gas before it hits the engine (liquid nitrous = good)
9) Be very careful when threading the FPSS into the fuel rail, if you slip, it will breat the threaded part of the fuel rail. Then you will ahve to buy new ones. (experience)
10) Egr will be hard to hook up after the spacer install, don't strip the threads in the plenum. This was the hardest part of the install for me. I did strip the threads in mine, I stopped the leak with some RTV tho.

If I think of more I will post them.

how many runs are you getting with the 10lb bottle? just curious. did you have a bottle warmer, and what psi were u at when you had the 90hp increase? did u get a dyno tune? i have the kit installed and i'm going to the dyno this saturday.:D
can't wait to see the results ,i'll post them sat. and thanks for the info it was very helpful!

Venom_Nitrous said:
Follow instructions. That being said, here are some thingas I have done to mine to make it functional 100%:
1) Use good quality liquid teflon on all NPT fittings. Especially the ones on the distribution block.
2) To tighten the fittings on the distribution block, get a line wrench. I had to grind mine down on the sides so it would fit between the fittings. You will see what I mean.
3) The electronic WOT switch is crap. I finally got rid of mine and got a manual switch for it. They Have a custom bracket for a 4.6 mustang. Call and ask. It was $30 tho.
4) Be sure to lube the o-rings well before putting them in. Mine were of poor quality and cracked. They were just a bit too big. I went to ace and bought new ones that fit better.
5) The fittings on the lines that connect to the dist. bloch should be snug, not tight. Use your own judgement.
6) Get the Gen X2 kit from NX to reap the full benefits of the kit. You spent this much, now finish it.
7) Threadlock the screws that hold the solinoids onto the bracket. They jiggle out.
8) Passenger side rear is a tight fit. Make sure the line isn't touching the engine or it will turn the nitrous into a gas before it hits the engine (liquid nitrous = good)
9) Be very careful when threading the FPSS into the fuel rail, if you slip, it will breat the threaded part of the fuel rail. Then you will ahve to buy new ones. (experience)
10) Egr will be hard to hook up after the spacer install, don't strip the threads in the plenum. This was the hardest part of the install for me. I did strip the threads in mine, I stopped the leak with some RTV tho.

If I think of more I will post them.

That's good stuff :nice:

flames201 said:
how many runs are you getting with the 10lb bottle? just curious. did you have a bottle warmer, and what psi were u at when you had the 90hp increase? did u get a dyno tune? i have the kit installed and i'm going to the dyno this saturday.:D
can't wait to see the results ,i'll post them sat. and thanks for the info it was very helpful!
I only mess with it on the street and have only done 3 1/8 mile passes. I would say 8-9 runs in the 1/4 would be about right. I have a pressure transducer bottle warmer that I found out wasn't working when I got to the dyno. It was at 850-870 psi. I get 1050psi now so I would guess it is 10 or so hp more. I have a dyno tune with a delta flip chip.
Expect this:
http://media.putfile.com/DynoNOS

the #'s came in a little low due to 850psi bottle pressure but anyways:
325rwhp/397rwtq i hoped for a few more but i lost a lot on the n/a tune with the colder plugs and retarded timing. at least that's what i was told!
my tune previously was at 286/355 n/a now today the n/a was 224/308 seems to be off a bit?! the car is very quick on the street though:nice:

Venom_Nitrous said:
I only mess with it on the street and have only done 3 1/8 mile passes. I would say 8-9 runs in the 1/4 would be about right. I have a pressure transducer bottle warmer that I found out wasn't working when I got to the dyno. It was at 850-870 psi. I get 1050psi now so I would guess it is 10 or so hp more. I have a dyno tune with a delta flip chip.
Expect this:
http://media.putfile.com/DynoNOS

what was your time on the 1/8 mile runs on nos?

Those N/A dyno numbers are waaayyy to different. Were you on the same type of dyno? Is that car noticably sluggish when N/A as compared to before? You should not loose 60 hp and 50 trq from a change in plugs. Was one Flywheel vs rw? Your Nitrous numbers vs your second set of NA numbers seems close.

The NA numbers look like mine and the Nitrous # too. I dynoed at 224 na and 348 on a Nx 100 shot.
I played around with my plug gap to get some of my NA pep back. I average 10 1/8 mile runs out of a 10lb bottle with pressure normally at 950-1050.
Another thing I always carry a multimeter, teflon paste, and line wrenchs wiht me now.