NOSzle vs. Wet Kits.

• Sponsors (?)

mogs01gt said:
In my opinion it is not worth the cost. Good kit but too expensive.
Well thats what I was thinking. What attracted me to nitrous was little upfront cash. But as I was sitting in waiting for money for a NOSzle, I thought...am I not spending to much still? Especially when wet kits can cost as low as 500$. :shrug:

I've been thinking about getting a wet kit, but I haven't researched it at all. I was wondering how much those kits and installs would run. I think thats something that I would not trust myself to do. I would take it to someone reputable and have it installed & tuned or whatever, just for a little peace of mind. How much is this NOSzle kit and how is it different from another wet kit?

Back2Mustangs said:
I've been thinking about getting a wet kit, but I haven't researched it at all. I was wondering how much those kits and installs would run. I think thats something that I would not trust myself to do. I would take it to someone reputable and have it installed & tuned or whatever, just for a little peace of mind. How much is this NOSzle kit and how is it different from another wet kit?
The NOSzle is a direct port kit. It goes underneath your fuel injectors so the nitrous is injected with the fuel. It is activated by a switch (ON or OFF) which will have it running in a certain RPM range. A Wet kit would need a button to be hit everytime you want to use it. The NOSzle is also the safest kit, however it averages around $1,500, whereas your average wet kit is about $500. The NOSzle is also much safer then a wet/dry kit.

MidnightGT said:
The NOSzle is a direct port kit. It goes underneath your fuel injectors so the nitrous is injected with the fuel. It is activated by a switch (ON or OFF) which will have it running in a certain RPM range. A Wet kit would need a button to be hit everytime you want to use it. The NOSzle is also the safest kit, however it averages around $1,500, whereas your average wet kit is about $500. The NOSzle is also much safer then a wet/dry kit.
For this car I think I'd rather go that route than a blower...I'm just going to build the motor up for a strong streetable car NA, but tough enough to handle a good dose of juice. $1500 doesn't sound too bad to me. I'll have to look into this.

03poontanggt said:
Get it used. I got mine for 700 bucks. I love the kit and the power is crazy.
Sorry for late response...been away awhile. :spot:
However, $700 for the kit is pretty damn lucky even used. I believe u said earlier you got it from a freind or something. Thats why. Now as for spray: I know you have a 125 shot. Is this safe on internals with a car that has 81k miles?

I started out with a dry kit, converted to wet, and then to the Nozzle kit. I've sold two of them, one for $700 and the other for $600. You'd be pushing it on a 150 shot and for sure will have puddling problems with a regular wet kit. I blew up my stock intake pretty good. My nozzle kit looks nice and I don't have to worry about puddling.

DCP_0225.jpg

I would not do any power-adder without first strengthening the bottom end. I don't want to be wondering if my rods, pistons or crank are about to give on this run. So bullet-proofing for something like a bottle or blower just goes without saying in my mind. When I was thinking about a twin screw I didn't have to worry about intakes, but now if I go with the juice I'm going to need to get that bullit-style intake to replace the composit stocker huh? With a healthy/stout VT or DSS longblock, how much juice can I put to it? In a 302/351 I wouldn't sneeze at a 300shot...all I hear is how these 4.6's are stonger because of the deep-skirt block, so can I assume that with strong internals I can put a good 200+HP shot into it? It'll have PI heads...can take that kind of abuse and stay planted on the deck?