Not enough power... In 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Didnt we hear this same arguement when the 99 gt came out..It had a big jump in power over the 96-98 years..

If you are not happy with the power .You can do one of two things :buy it and mod it,or dont buy it..

I like the car but im waiting on the 07 cobra myself..Esp since it will be sharing some parts of the ford gt..

Everyone wants more cubic inches,and this and that..The mod motor is here to stay and ford will just refine it..

Its all on what you want..

The F-bodies are no longer in production because they were designed poorly and they were ugly. If GM would have put the LS1 in a decent car that was around 25000, they would have sold like hotcakes. Low end torque is what makes a muscle car fun. Who wants to always have to rev the hell out of an engine to get a thrill from it?

I say to Ford: "Don't fear the displacement".

shadowland2000 said:
The F-bodies are no longer in production because they were designed poorly and they were ugly. If GM would have put the LS1 in a decent car that was around 25000, they would have sold like hotcakes.

Yeah, those WS6 Trans-Ams were sooooooo ugly :rolleyes:

The only thing close to what you're describing is the GTO, and they're FAR from selling like hotcakes.

CatmanJJ said:
5.4 V8 would be awesome in a Stang.

While the Cobra R was extremely sweet, the last thing the modular engines need is more ****ing stroke. The 4V heads in the Cobra R is what saved that 5.4's ass.

The over 4" stroke of the 5.4 = :puke:

kirkyg said:
Agreed need more bore not stroke.

Can't get the high rev's from it like a shorter stroke. Thats why strokers dont sell well for the even the 4.6L nor do they put out much more power.

kirkyg

They put out more low and mid range power, but the gains aren't as great up top. A good stroked 4.6L can still do 7000+RPMs.

Rumors are that the new Ford 6.2L Hurricane V8 is a scaled up 5.4L with a 96.6mm bore and the same looong stroke.

What Ford needs to do is make a low deck version of the Huricane using the 96.6mm bore and the same 90mm stroke that the 4.6L has. This would make 322 CID / 5.3L. Such an engine would completely blow away the long stroke 5.4L as it could have larger valves which would flow more air and it would be capable of high RPM.

351CJ said:
Rumors are that the new Ford 6.2L Hurricane V8 is a scaled up 5.4L with a 96.6mm bore and the same looong stroke.

Damn I hope that's wrong, the bigger bore will really help, but that long stroke will only make it a huge, heavy, slow revving engine...

What Ford needs to do is make a low deck version of the Huricane using the 96.6mm bore and the same 90mm stroke that the 4.6L has. This would make 322 CID / 5.3L. Such an engine would completely blow away the long stroke 5.4L as it could have larger valves which would flow more air and it would be capable of high RPM.

Yup, they could go even larger on the bore to make it bigger, the only thing that should be over 4 inches is the bore, not the stroke.

Stangbang said:
Damn I hope that's wrong, the bigger bore will really help, but that long stroke will only make it a huge, heavy, slow revving engine...

Yup, they could go even larger on the bore to make it bigger, the only thing that should be over 4 inches is the bore, not the stroke.

I don't think we'll ever again see a Ford engine with a bore larger than 4"

Part of the 96.6 mm bore rumor is that bore spacing is being increased from the 100 mm on the current mod motor to 110 mm. That would mean the largest possible bore on the Hurricane would be about 100 mm (3.94"). If they could go up to 101.6mm, that would give us an even 4.00" bore

But again these #'s are all rumors. What little Ford has said about the Huricane is that the engine is designed for trucks and SUV's, not cars. I don't think anyone outside of Ford knows the real story on the Huricane, but our only salvation will be if they make a low deck, short stroke high reving version of it.

351CJ said:

preach it brutha...

kirkyg

SVTJayC said:
It's still 50 less HP than it's predecessors competition (LS1) and 100 < than it's future competition (LS2,Hemi 6.1). A lot less low end torque too. I agree, it's not enough. Guys who say "this thing will hang with LS1's" are not only wrong, but living in the past. Bottom line, the 4.6 is too small to be an all motor platform. Either start offering a low boost blower in the GT, or bump up the displacement to the 5.0, or more.

Displacement is not always necessary! The 4.6 has some of the most potential just look at some of these cobra guys getting over 700whp and some 800whp. The 4.6 is big in comparison to alot of these ricers getting over 200whp out of their 2.0 dohc honda S2000's. Ford's 4.6 has so much more potential and yes that 300hp is most likely 300whp on the 05(Plenty). You can get a hell alot more out of motors nowadays and we are a long way from the old pushrod, big displacement age(5.7ohv)..... Ford knew this. You just cannot get as much power out of a 2V pushrod (5.7LOHV vs 5.7LOHC)as you can with a OHC 3/4v design.... Proven! SO about the 4.6 being too small hahaha I guess the ricers think that their 240hp 2.0L's are BIG BLOCKS HAHAHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.