not so good vibrations

notch351

Jul 30, 2010
I am getting a vibration through my clutch peddle. it is there when the car is stopped in neutral and you rev the engine and also under load when your going down the road if you just barely touch the peddle with your foot you can feel the vibration. could it be something to do with the clutch itself or am i looking at larger problems?:crap:
the clutch is newer and i dont recall this when i first put it in a month ago

• Sponsors (?)

My first guess is the HB. Check to see if you can see or feel any rubber protruding from the hub on the engine side or a visible wobble while running. If either of these conditions are present the HB is done. If it is the HB don't drive the car. The vibration caused by a bad HB can destroy an engine fairly quickly.

I dont think it's the h.b. no rubber sticking out looks to be ok and i can not see any visible wobble at idle. maybe i'll try to rev it a little see if that changes

no.
could it be from to much slop in the cable? I noticed this when i was looking through stuff. made some adjustments have to see in the morning when i drive it

hey saw your little wanted quote for the t 5 swap. not sure where your located but i just saw some one with a set up on sale on craigslist in chicago or rockford IL

Do you have longtubes. Usually that's caused by the longtubes sitting on the steering shaft. I know it doesn't sound right, but the steering shaft goes right through close to the clutch pedal.

Kurt