Notchback's Aye Or Nay?

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by 90lxwhite, Dec 10, 2013.

1. I'm more of a nay.

2. I like notches. They're pretty rare to find in really good nick.

3. I used to be a nayer. But I have seen quite a few lately that I would love to have.

Grabbin' Asphalt likes this.
  4. I like them. Especially the ones with the top removed.

Like mine:nice:

krazedstang likes this.
  5. I think the con census is going to be aye. I like them. But I like all fox bodies. I'd rather have a notch over a hatch. They're lighter

6. Big AYE for the Notchbacks. Love'em!!!!!

7. I like them. Especially ones tastefully done with the right wheels. The only thing I don't like is unpainted side moldings, on any fox. Body color FTW.

Grabbin' Asphalt likes this.
  8. I like them, however I would not pay the inflated prices for one over a hatch.

9. if maintained well, the unpainted side moldings with the right color can look very nice!

10. They're making a come up with a few i've seen on here :nice:

11. Completely agree on aero nose cars. Kinda like the black moldings on my red 86

RacEoHolic330 likes this.
  12. Pros, lighter, stiffer, less potential for rattles and squeeks and everyone thinks they are 4cyl.
    Cons, often dismissed as it is not a GT, everyone thinks they are 4cyl, standard interior not as nice as GT.
    I prefer the look of the notch and quite like mine which has the GT interior (seats, carpet, pwr mirrors) and is otherwise optionless.
    If I were shopping for one today, I would select the cleanest, straightest most original I could find be it LX notch, hatch or GT... body style would take a back seat.

13. If i could order a fox anyway I'd like right now...

87-88 T-top LX notchback 5-spd

A5literMan likes this.
  14. I like them too. Especially with a tubbed rear and a parachute out back.

15. I like them, kind of rare around here unless you can put new floor pans in. I have no means. I understand they're lighter and the trunk gives them a sleek look but I like how beefy the hatch looks out back as well.

16. Wasn't really into them until i seen this one.

29433d1332745598-fox-body-mustang-img_1451-1-.jpg

A5literMan and 85rkyboby like this.
  17. Looks are deceiving. The Notch's are actually "beefier" (from a structural integrity point anyway) than Hatchbacks.

18. I was just talking about looks, how they have a fast back kind of look. Are they stronger because they have the bulkhead separating trunk from the cab adds structure?

19. I think the no spoiler is what kills them for me. A GT or Cobra style spoiler would be sweet. Notchbacks with saleen spoilers look too much like an MR2 for my tastes