Notching the shock towers

• Sponsors (?)

putting it back together

YOU BLIND FOOL! NOTICE THE 1/8IN PLATE STEEL THAT I HAVE STARTED WELDING BACK IN THE HOLE THAT I CUT!!!! ITS DAMN NEAR THICKER THEN THE CRAP I CUT OUT. WOW, MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THE PICS, AND READ THE THREAD. MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN CAR, AND KEEP THE ADVISE TO YOURSELF. YOU OBVIOUSLY SHOULDNT BE TELLING ME, OR ANYONE ELSE WHAT TO DO.

cool, those like the coil overs he is running now. That would be a hell of alot better than the moog springs I'd think. Either you sit too high with a good spring rate, or cut them and end up with the wrong spring rate. lol

Actually, he took the coilovers out, (sold them to me:nice:) and went back to a coil spring. He said they didnt alow enough travel with the HP he is running. But since im shooting for 600(crossing my fingers) and eventually 7-800rwhp they would work great. Had to pay more then the stock setup obviously, but im sure the ability to adjust ride height where i want it, more then offset the cost. ill throw some pics up when i get the stuff in.. Heck, maybe ill post some pics after tonight, when i finish welding in the shock towers..;)

A bunch of people on this site are just stupid and ask stupid questions and do stupid things to their car, I just figured wickedcobra96 was just another stupid, I may have been correct. His car has struts?

I don't have struts, its a stock front suspension. Even if I did, whats that got to do with anything. My car is pretty much a straight line setup, I don't road race with a 7000 rpm stall converter. I do plan on going to an AJE Strut front end this winter to take apx 100lbs off the front of my car.

He is doing coil over shocks with the stock type suspension.

You are the weakest link, good bye.

1. Click USERNAME

23995970032_large.jpg

2. Click VIEW PUBLIC PROFILE

23995970033_large.jpg

3. Click USER LISTS

23995970034_large.jpg

4. Drop down menu opens

23995970035_large.jpg

5. Click ADD TO IGNORE LIST, confirmation pop up

23995970036_large.jpg

6. Click YES

23995970037_large.jpg

:ban::lol::flag:

Victory is sweet...
23995970038_large.jpg

I'm done with this thread.
Apparently not...

A bunch of people on this site are just stupid and ask stupid questions and do stupid things to their car, I just figured wickedcobra96 was just another stupid, I may have been correct. His car has struts?

Nobody is asking you to post. If you don't want to participate, then click the "Unsubscribe" button and be on your way. Otherwise, quit being such a Negative Nancy about everything and try being constructive with your input instead of bashing people for their work and telling them how stupid they are. :shrug:

You kids, play nice or your mommy will not give you any milk.
The guy said his "Strut" towers. And that makes me the bad guy. I guess it goes to my stupid post.
Press start, Then turn computer off, the shutdown, You have shut down your computer. Now for the rest of you that can't fallow instructions . Wait till someone tells you what to do and say. :rlaugh:

Wow. he said strut towers he must be a real idiot, not like thinking he was going to leave 2 gaping holes in the shock towers to change spark plugs. 'Cause no one on this site has notched shock towers before.. pfft strut towers.. HAha idiot...:stupid:

Pretty much my thoughts...

Oh, he will be happy to know, i finished welding in the new metal last night..

As far as being stupid?? All i had to do was read his previous posts and it answered my question for me. He really does need to work on being constructive, because i saw nothing but anger in all his posts..

Pics of the strut towers :rolleyes:to follow..

That's great that you are doing that. I have thought that if I could start my car resto again, I would eliminate the shock towers and put an aluminum FE in.

One thing that I would do is to install the export brace and monte carlo bar now, weld the plates in, and then remove the braces for later after your engine is installed.

Your car looks damn sexy! From my understanding, the old falcon guys, I think it was falcon, Used to notch the towers and fit that 428 in. Must have dropped it from 10 ft:rlaugh:, Cause its tight in that engine bay. But they seemed to make it happen.:nice:

You kids, play nice or your mommy will not give you any milk.
The guy said his "Strut" towers. And that makes me the bad guy. I guess it goes to my stupid post.
Press start, Then turn computer off, the shutdown, You have shut down your computer. Now for the rest of you that can't fallow instructions . Wait till someone tells you what to do and say. :rlaugh:

PM inbound.

yeah, ill take them when i get home today.. Basically have 3 projects going on in the garage now. Shock towers are done, just going to use some body filler and make everything nice and even. and i have started stripping the paint in the engine bay so i can re prime and paint that. Got my 351 from a 96 f150. block is all torn down and going off to the machine shop to be honed, boiled and have new cam bearings, freeze plugs and dowls put in. As well as the heads getting a valve job. and i got the AOD that i will be building up yesterday too.. Front suspension parts started showing up..... Going to be a busy winter.

What?!? You filled the holes?!? How you gonna get to the plugs now?!?

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

It seems oh9mustang is littering every section of the forum. Just ignore him. Those are some pretty shock towers. Can't decide what I want to do with mine yet. I'd have to pay someone to weld mine up as I have no welder, but that looks great from my seat. Interested also in your header clearance when all is said and done....:nice: